What’s new in the latest update?
* Programmes now play at the best quality for your connection, whether you're on Wi-Fi or 3G/4G.
* Improved adaptive bitrate support for cellular connections.
* We've also fixed an issue with adaptive bitrate on some devices when using 4G connections
* We now support Android Lollipop (5.0) devices.
* We’ve fixed an issue on the Hudl 2 that caused the app to crash at the end of video playback.
BBC Media Player works with BBC websites and applications to provide video and audio playback on your Android device.
Once you have downloaded this application, continue to use your favourite BBC websites and apps on your Android device as normal. Whenever you play any video or audio the BBC Media Player will launch and handle playback of the content.
Please note that information about your playback experience is collected when you use the BBC Media Player app. If you are not happy to be included in our usage reporting, please do not install the app. For more information visit www.bbc.co.uk/privacy/devices.
You may notice that when you install the app it asks you for permission to access your phone's network communication, phone calls, and system tools.
These are standard Android app permissions that are defined by the Google Android platform. The 3 permissions the BBC Media Player app asks to use are:
• Network Communication - full internet access.
Granting this permission provides the BBC Media Player app with access to the internet so it can play programmes.
• System tools - preventing phone from sleeping, retrieve running applications.
Granting this permission provides the BBC Media Player app with the ability to prevent the phone going to sleep when you are watching a programme.
• Phone Calls - read phone state and identity (Android Honeycomb and below only).
Granting this permission provides the BBC Media Player app with phone communication status and notifies the application if the phone rings or a phone call is in progress. We only use this permission to ensure that the BBC Media Player pauses if you receive a phone call and temporarily reduces its audio when you receive a text message or other notification while watching a programme. The BBC Media Player app does not access or store any personal information, phone numbers or IMEI numbers.
Uploaded:September 14, 2016 at 10:22AM UTC
File size:9.63 MB
Uploaded:October 26, 2015 at 5:24PM UTC
File size:12.55 MB
Uploaded:June 23, 2015 at 5:35PM UTC
File size:12.3 MB
Uploaded:February 23, 2015 at 3:45PM UTC
File size:11.44 MB
Uploaded:December 12, 2014 at 7:59AM UTC
File size:11.12 MB
Uploaded:November 25, 2014 at 4:52PM UTC
File size:10.46 MB
Uploaded:November 12, 2014 at 8:46PM UTC
File size:10.46 MB
Uploaded:November 1, 2014 at 1:39AM UTC
File size:10.2 MB