- Bug fixes for some crashes on Android 6+
- System app now gets runtime permissions back after a factory reset on Android 6+ (disguised version only)
Install Cerberus and try it for free for one week, then you can buy a license for your account from within the app or from the web dashboard.
It has three ways to protect your device. These are the "3 heads" of Cerberus:
- Remote control through the website https://www.cerberusapp.com
- Remote control via SMS (text messages) from another phone
- Automatic alerts
Remote control allows you to perform many operations on your lost or stolen device, like:
- Locate and track it
- Lock the device with a code
- Start a loud alarm, even if the device is set to silent mode
- Display a message that stays on the screen, and also make your device speak the message
- Take pictures, screenshots and even record videos, to identify the thief
- Get the location history, to see where the device has been in the past
- Wipe the internal memory and the SD card, to protect your personal data
- Hide Cerberus from the app drawer, so the app will be stealthy and a thief will not see the icon
- Record audio from the microphone
- Get a list of last calls sent and received
- Get information about cell phone network and WiFi network the device is connected to, and nearby WiFi networks
- Start a remote shell (SSH-like), to execute commands as if the device were connected to your computer with a USB cable
- And much more!
Cerberus can automatically perform actions when some conditions are met. For instance, it will send email/SMS alerts if the SIM card is changed (see the "SIM checker" section of the settings) and it will email you a photo of the thief when a wrong unlock code is entered (section "Automatic photo capture").
You can also set your own rules, see the "AutoTask" section! From there you can set geofencing (alerts when the phone exits or enters an area) and a lot of more automatic actions and alerts.
From within the app configuration, you can enable some options to make difficult for the thief to disable or uninstall Cerberus. Make sure to enable the "Device Administration" functionality and the "Protect device admin" option. Also you can block the Power Menu to prevent the thief from shutting down the device, and block access to the status bar in the lock screen, so nobody would be able to change the quick settings in Lollipop (Android 5.0) and later versions.
If you have rooted your device you can install Cerberus as a system application and get many additional features, including complete uninstall protection (Cerberus will survive a factory reset) and GPS auto-enabling when you start tracking the device. See the Help page on our website for more information on that.
The app works even if the device does not have an internet connection thanks to remote control by sms messages. Also, the SIM Checker feature allows you to know the new number to send texts to, if the SIM card is changed.
If you have an Android Wear smartwatch, make sure to check the "Wearable device" section of the app settings: you will find many useful and cool features.
Please read the Help page on our website (https://www.cerberusapp.com/help.php), it has the answers to the most frequently asked questions. If you have any questions not covered there, feature requests or experience any issues, contact us at [email protected] and we will be happy to help!
Uploaded:June 14, 2017 at 7:22PM UTC
File size:6.11 MB
Uploaded:December 21, 2016 at 3:48PM UTC
File size:6.94 MB
Uploaded:June 28, 2016 at 8:49PM UTC
File size:7.21 MB
Uploaded:April 16, 2016 at 12:13AM UTC
File size:7.06 MB
Uploaded:April 15, 2016 at 6:58AM UTC
File size:7.06 MB
Uploaded:December 22, 2015 at 8:41PM UTC
File size:6.95 MB