arm + x86 + x86_64
New in 1.1.0
- Redesigned search experience
- Added "Rock Paper Scissors" game
- Added "Listen on start" option in settings
- Added audio to language translations
- Many other bug fixes and improvements
Hound is the best way to search using your voice.
Just speak naturally to search and get lightning-fast responses. Looking for something more specific? Hound can use follow-up questions and commands to filter, sort, or add more information to the original request.
Experience the app hands-free by saying, "OK Hound…”
The fastest and easiest way to get the information, entertainment, and communication services you want, Hound is built for your busy life, allowing you to get what you need and move on.
• Enjoy full song and video playback or listen to a SoundHound curated playlist:
- “OK Hound… play the top songs around world.”
- “OK Hound...what’s that song?”
Alarm and Timer
• Set multiple alarms and timers at once
- "Set an alarm for 6am and 7am every weekday"
- "Set a timer to take out the chicken in 40 minutes"
• Get hourly news from NPR:
- “OK Hound… show me the latest news headlines.”
- “OK Hound… play me the latest news from NPR.”
• Make phone calls and send text messages - hands-free:
- “OK Hound… text Mike ‘I’ll be there in five minutes’.”
Weather & Temperature
• Get quick weather information for today or future forecasts:
- “OK Hound… what’s the weather going to be like tomorrow at 6pm?
- “How about in Hawaii during August?”
Local Search & Restaurants
• Ask for restaurants, fast food stops, coffee shops, stores, and be as specific as you’d like, even excluding places you don’t want:
- “Show Restaurants within 10 miles except for Chinese”
Navigation (GPS) + Directions
• Ask for a destination and navigate there seamlessly:
- “Show me directions to the nearest Starbucks”
• Find movie and theatre schedules:
- "OK Hound… what movies are playing near me around 7pm?"
- "What are the top action movies in theaters right now?"
- "What movies are playing in IMAX?"
• Get fare estimates, journey time, speak your destination and book, all hands-free:
- "OK Hound… how much is an Uber to the airport?"
- "Get an Uber to the nearest movie theater"
Hotel Search + Expedia booking
• Be specific in finding the perfect hotel for your trip:
- “Show hotels in Seattle that are pet-friendly, have a gym, and cost less than $275”
• Easily make quick calculations through voice commands”
- “What is the square root of 16 minus the square root of 9?”
- "Split a $96 bill two ways with a 15% tip"
- "What's the monthly mortgage payment for a $500,000 house with a 30 year mortgage at 4.2% and down payment of $100,000?
• Speak what you’re looking for instead of typing:
- “OK Hound...where’s my polling place?”
• Search for general knowledge by asking for it:
- “OK Hound...show me list of holidays by country.”
And more: video search, news search, photo & image search, stock prices, flight status, date and time, unit conversion, word and phrase translation, wikipedia, play interactive games… and more coming soon!
Current partners include: Accuweather, Bing Search, Expedia, Uber, Yelp & more
Press & Accolades
“Hound takes voice search to the next level.” - Wall Street Journal
“SoundHound Inc. just developed a crazy-powerful personal assistant.” - WIRED
“SoundHound Inc.’s new voice search app makes [others] look slow.” - The Verge
End User Agreement: www.soundhound.com/hound-end-user-agreement
Uploaded:June 26, 2017 at 7:24PM UTC
File size:21.66 MB
Uploaded:February 17, 2017 at 9:06PM UTC
File size:24.72 MB
Uploaded:December 21, 2016 at 12:28AM UTC
File size:24.39 MB
Uploaded:November 17, 2016 at 8:52AM UTC
File size:24.66 MB
Uploaded:October 3, 2016 at 9:26PM UTC
File size:24.89 MB
Uploaded:September 19, 2016 at 11:52PM UTC
File size:24.88 MB
Uploaded:July 4, 2016 at 12:37PM UTC
File size:29.53 MB
Uploaded:June 21, 2016 at 8:45PM UTC
File size:29.53 MB
Uploaded:May 7, 2016 at 1:31AM UTC
File size:26.74 MB
Uploaded:April 3, 2016 at 7:48PM UTC
File size:22 MB