- VLC now shows a dialog to ask for external storage scan
- Voice search for TV
- Voice actions for Auto
- Stream url loader is now a dialog, and available on TV
- Allow to choose subs file on network
- If collection is empty, show a button to start MediaLibrary dfolders selection
- Fix video player stuck after device being locked
- Tackles some crashes
* DTSHD and TRUEHD HDMI passthrough
* Don't play via passthrough an encoding format that is not supported
This is the port of VLC media player to the Android™ platform. VLC for Android can play any video and audio files, as well as network streams, network shares and drives, and DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC.
VLC for Android is a full audio player, with a complete database, an equalizer and filters, playing all weird audio formats.
VLC is intended for everyone, is totally free, has no ads, no in-app-purchases, no spying and is developed by passionate volunteers. All the source code is available for free.
VLC for Android™ plays most local video and audio files, as well as network streams (including adaptive streaming), DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC. It also support disk shares.
All formats are supported, including MKV, MP4, AVI, MOV, Ogg, FLAC, TS, M2TS, Wv and AAC. All codecs are included with no separate downloads. It supports subtitles, Teletext and Closed Captions.
VLC for Android has a media library for audio and video files, and allows to browse folders directly.
VLC has support for multi-track audio and subtitles. It supports auto-rotation, aspect-ratio adjustments and gestures to control volume, brightness and seeking.
It also includes a widget for audio control, supports audio headsets control, cover art and a complete audio media library.
VLC for Android needs access to those categories:
• "Photos/Media/Files" to read your all media files :)
• "Storage" to read your all media files on SD cards :)
• "Other" to check network connections, change the volume, set the ringtone, run on Android TV and display the popup view, see below for details.
Permission Details :
• It needs "read the contents of your USB storage", in to order to read your media files on it.
• It needs "modify or delete the contents of your USB storage", in order to allow deletion of files and store subtitles.
• It needs "full network access", to open network and internet streams.
• It needs "prevent phone from sleeping" in order to prevent... your phone from sleeping when watching a video.
• It needs "change your audio settings", in order to change audio volume.
• It needs "modify system settings", in order to allow you to change your audio ringtone.
• It needs "view network connections" in order to monitor whether device is connected or not, to hide the streaming parts.
• It needs "draw over other apps" to start the popup menu.
• It needs "control vibration" to give feedback on the controls.
• It needs "run at startup" to set recommendations on Android TV launcher screen, only used with Android TV version.
This release comes in several variants. Consult our handy FAQ to see which download is right for you.
Uploaded:December 11, 2015 at 7:13PM UTC
File size:14.28 MB
Uploaded:April 24, 2017 at 9:04PM UTC
File size:18.41 MB
Uploaded:April 19, 2017 at 10:39PM UTC
File size:18.44 MB
Uploaded:April 7, 2017 at 5:40PM UTC
File size:17.29 MB
Uploaded:March 31, 2017 at 2:46AM UTC
File size:17.25 MB
Uploaded:March 20, 2017 at 9:21PM UTC
File size:17.17 MB
Uploaded:February 28, 2017 at 5:03PM UTC
File size:17.15 MB
Uploaded:February 24, 2017 at 5:01PM UTC
File size:17.15 MB
Uploaded:August 12, 2016 at 4:46PM UTC
File size:16.09 MB
Uploaded:July 22, 2016 at 6:01PM UTC
File size:16.08 MB
Uploaded:July 18, 2016 at 9:14PM UTC
File size:15.93 MB