Before you start using the tool, please be aware that it requires two things that most consumer-grade apps do not require. **If you’re not happy with either requirement, please don’t attempt to use GameBench.**
► A one-time PC connection is needed -- Google hasn’t designed Android in a way that makes it easy for non-developers to test performance. Our tool gets around this problem, but a USB connection to a Mac, Windows or Linux PC is essential to get GameBench started.
► Account registration is required - This allows us to charge enterprise users while offering basic usage for free to everyone else.
Registering for a free GameBench account will get you the following features:
• Access to the Android app;
• Access to the desktop app, which lets you test iOS and Android games side-by-side;
• Access to your own web dashboard, so you can store and analyse your test results;
• 30 minutes of testing every month, with your free minutes being reset monthly;
If you accept GameBench’s registration and PC requirements, then you’ll find that the tool is very easy to use, requiring no coding or other specialist know-how, no SDKs, no rooting and only standard Android permission settings.
GameBench allows you to test real games and applications on real phones and tablets -- simply by playing. It measures frame rate for any game or application, and records other performance metrics that are vital early predictors of customer experience and commercial success, including:
• Frame rate stability and janks (aka micro-stutter);
• Resource usage, including CPU and GPU bottlenecks as well as excessive memory footprint (a predictor of crashes);
• Power consumption, including both instantaneous power and battery drain rate, and also battery temperature;
For full instructions, tips and documentation, please go to: docs.gamebench.net
Screenshots of sample log are taken from Despicable Me: Minion Rush (DMMR). DMMR is owned and developed by Gameloft, Gameloft retains all rights to DMMR.
Terms of Service may be found at: www.gamebench.net/legal/terms-of-service
* Added the programmatic markers feature that gives users the ability to highlight session areas from their code
* Removed the GameBench ad prompting users to use the desktop tool
Uploaded:February 18, 2019 at 1:04PM UTC
File size:18.54 MB
Uploaded:January 16, 2019 at 2:33PM UTC
File size:18.95 MB
Uploaded:October 31, 2018 at 2:24PM UTC
File size:18.95 MB
Uploaded:October 8, 2018 at 2:28PM UTC
File size:18.9 MB
Uploaded:September 21, 2018 at 2:05PM UTC
File size:18.91 MB
Uploaded:May 5, 2017 at 9:52PM UTC
File size:19.88 MB