Using the app will
give us a better picture of the spread of the virus
help carry out contact tracing
link you to excellent HSE health advice if you need it
keep you updated with notifications you can trust
How the Covid Tracker app helps us
Daily health check-in
The Covid Tracker app allows you to check-in every day, to let us know if you have any cold, flu or coronavirus symptoms, or if you’re feeling well.
This will help us map the spread of the virus in Ireland. Understanding how the virus is affecting the country will help us to manage and respond to this pandemic.
The app uses your phone’s technology to make a record of when you are close to other app users. If an app user tests positive for COVID-19, the HSE can ask them for the records on the app. This will help us to contact other people who might have been affected, and give them the advice and help they need.
Your data and privacy
The COVID Tracker app will not:
publicly identify anyone with COVID-19
make personal data available to the HSE without your direct consent
use your data for any reason other than contact tracing and anonymously reporting illness levels
Be part of this national effort
Use this app for 1 minute a day to make an important contribution to the fight against coronavirus. Protect yourself, your family, your community and the most vulnerable in society. Encourage everyone you know to download and use the COVID Tracker app where possible.
Protection from Coronavirus. It’s in our hands.
- Integrated more relevant statistical information relating to COVID-19
- Find out what's happening nationally in the past 2 weeks/2 months and overall
- Find out what's been happening recently in your county
- Get updated when a new version of the app is available
- Get notified if the DPIN or T&C's are updated
Improvements & Fixes
- Better error handling during onboarding
- Better error reporting to help HSE support the app
- Improve the reliability of background processing