Tiny fix for some M3U8 on Chromecast.
Chromecast SDK updated, if you have any issues starting the connect to a Chromecast please email me at [email protected]
SUPPORTED STREAMING DEVICES
Web Video Caster supports the most popular streaming devices, allowing your TV to stream videos directly from the web.
• DLNA receivers
• Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick
• Smart TVs: LG Netcast and WebOS, Samsung, Sony, and others.*
• And more
*If you experience a compatibility issues, contact us and include the brand and model number.
• HLS live streams in M3U8 format
• Authenticated videos including movies and TV shows
• MP4 videos
• Live news and sports
• Any HTML5 videos*
• IPTV (M3U8, W3U, RSS)
*Your streaming device must be capable of decoding the video you are playing. Web Video Caster doesn't perform any video/audio decoding or transcoding.
HOW IT WORKS
Web Video Caster is a browser, which allows you to stream videos of movies, TV shows, and other media from the internet to a streaming device or smart tv. Web Video Caster grabs the video URL inside the web page, sends it to the streaming device (i.e. Chromecast, Fire TV, Roku), and then plays the video directly from the content provider. This ultimately saves your mobile device’s battery. It also detects subtitles on the web page. Web Video Caster does not host these videos. This is not a mirroring app.
Web Video Caster is also able to cast local videos stored on your phone or tablet.
The app will also allow you to download videos for which you have permission to do so. Start the video downloader from the video list screen. File types include MP4, AVI, WEBM. Excludes live streams (M3U8, MPEG-Dash).
Follow these simple step-by-step instructions to start streaming:
1. Find a video online that you want to watch.
2. Make sure this video can play on mobile browsers without Flash.
3. Connect to your streaming device.
4. Play the video as you normally would. Or, click the play button on the toolbar.
• No in-app advertising
• Home page setting
• Video history
• Resume videos
• Homescreen shortcut
**This functionality does not apply universally to all streaming devices.
LIMITATIONS & DISCLOSURES
As with all apps, there are some limitations we are aware of and want you to know about up front.
• We are in no way associated with any web media providers and we do not have control over the content they provide.
• Web Video Caster does not support nor play Flash or FLV videos.
• The app does not support tab casting, like the Chromecast extension for the PC web browser.
• We cannot do anything to fix issues that arise on the server side (media content provider) such as failure to play or buffering, which is especially common during heavy load times and weekends.
• Refunds only issued within 24 hours of purchase and you must submit the order number in text, not a screenshot.
SHARE YOUR FEEDBACK
We are committed to open communication with our users. Please contact us first with any questions or support issues before leaving a review. We will respond and address your concern promptly. Contact us through our user community goo.gl/dAE555 or our website goo.gl/wjsBpH.
• Phone state - To allow the pausing of videos on incoming phone call.
• Wi-Fi connection information - Required for the streaming devices and for the browser.
• Photos/Media/Files (storage in general) - Required for the download functionality.
• In-app purchases - For premium version.
• Wake-lock - To keep phone awake while routing videos through phone. Should only affect live streams and authenticated videos.
• Accounts/Identity - Required by Google Play Services (7.5+).
This release comes in several variants (we currently have 2). Consult our handy FAQ to see which download is right for you.
Uploaded:December 4, 2019 at 3:44AM UTC
File size:26.13 MB
Uploaded:October 27, 2019 at 4:06AM UTC
File size:22.77 MB
Uploaded:October 9, 2019 at 12:30AM UTC
File size:24.07 MB
Uploaded:September 27, 2019 at 11:26PM UTC
File size:24.36 MB
Uploaded:September 2, 2019 at 9:42PM UTC
File size:20.62 MB
Uploaded:August 25, 2019 at 11:41PM UTC
File size:20.62 MB
Uploaded:August 12, 2019 at 5:28PM UTC
File size:23.56 MB
Uploaded:July 9, 2019 at 4:53PM UTC
File size:20.54 MB
Uploaded:May 31, 2019 at 2:54AM UTC
File size:19.91 MB
Uploaded:April 28, 2019 at 5:06PM UTC
File size:22.99 MB