This new and improved app is currently being trialled with NHS Volunteer Responders, Isle of Wight and Newham residents who have been given a unique code to install the app. The purpose of the trial is to test and improve the app ahead of a national launch for users across the rest of the UK.
The app helps you protect yourself and others from coronavirus:
- Get alerts: if you have been near other app users who have tested positive for coronavirus
- Report symptoms: check if you have coronavirus symptoms and see if you need to order a free test
- Check into a venue: get alerted if there are a high number of coronavirus cases at a venue listed
- Isolation countdown: use the countdown and access relevant advice
- Translated into Urdu, Punjabi (Gurmukhi script), Bengali, Gujarati and Welsh. Additional languages and refinements will follow.
The app is now smarter, and faster. We’ve done this by collaborating with some of the most innovative organisations in the world. We have worked with medical experts, privacy groups, at-risk communities and we’ve shared knowledge with the teams working on similar apps in many countries.
Now we are asking you to help us test the app in its Clinical Investigation stage. The more we use it, the more we’ll learn, and the better it’ll get.
To everybody who downloads this app, thank you. It will help us get back to the things we love.
Updated home screen design, translations added for Urdu, Punjabi (Gurmukhi script), Bengali, Gujarati and Welsh, and bug fixes