All OFF volunteers kept working hard. 800k products, 182 countries, 25K+ contributors, incl. you 🙂
1. Carbon impact of prepared dishes for France
2. Create (and export) your product lists (shopping, eating ...)
3. Compare the products side by side by scanning them one after the other.
4. Completely redesigned product page, slide the card up to discover it
5. Open Food Facts is fully volunteer-run: you can contribute time (world.openfoodfacts.org/contribute) or money (donate.openfoodfacts.org)
▶ Find & Compare more than 830.000 products
The app allows to view the 830.000 products (including 175.000 in the US) already contained in the free and open database Open Food Facts, and also to add pictures and data for new products.
To discover the volunteer-run Open Food Facts project, visit world.openfoodfacts.org
In short, we're kind of "the Wikipedia of food", as many have nicknamed the project. Open Food Facts has enabled the creation of over 100 apps like Date Limite, Yuka or FoodVisor.
▶ Choose the products that are good for you
- The Nutri-Score grade, from "A" to "E" >> Nutritional quality
- The NOVA group, from "1" to "4" >> Find the Ultra-Processed food
▶ Contribute to Food Transparency
- Open Food Facts is a food products database made by everyone, for everyone.
- You can use it to make better food choices, and as it is open data, anyone can re-use it for any purpose.
- Open Food Facts is a non-profit project developed by thousands of volunteers from around the world. We have lots of exciting projects you can contribute to in many different ways.
- You can start contributing today by adding a product from your fridge.
▶ Get the Facts
- Open Food Facts helps you to make sense of the fine print on products labels. You will be able to find:
- carbon footprint (CO2 emissions) and packaging (as well as recycling instructions),
- Nutriscore (nutritional score), nutrients, fat / fat content, saturated fatty acids, carbohydrates, sugars, fiber, protein and salt and sodium.
- brands, allergens, labels (bio, gluten free, vegan, vegetarian, halal, kosher ...), traceability information (packaging codes, origins of ingredients)
- On wines and beers, you will find the alcohol content.
▶ Based on Science, helping back Science!
- We don't make up things. We rely on peer-reviewed science.
- The Nutri-Score has been created by the independent French team led by Professor Hercberg.
- The NOVA groups on food processing have been designed by the international team of Professor Monteiro.
- You can get a synthesis of EFSA exposure levels on food additives.
- The Open Food Facts community is collaborating with research teams across the planet to improve nutrition research that benefits all.
▶ Works well in any condition
- You can add new products, even if you don't have an Internet connection right now.
- The app loads only the strict necessary to reduce data and battery consumption
- You don't need a camera to look up a product. You can also type the barcode if you lack a camera or have an issue with it.
▶ Your food, your data
- Your data is yours, and is never sent online
- You can use the app anonymously
- You can export your scan history
▶ Set up allergen alerts on products
- Milk, Gluten, Eggs, Soybeans, Nuts, Fish, Celery, Mustard, Sulphur dioxide and sulphites, Peanuts, Sesame seeds, Crustaceans, Molluscs or Lupin allergy ?
- Speed up your shopping by doing an initial screening of your food with Open Food Facts.
- Be careful that the information may not be 100% accurate, and detection may not be 100% accurate. So always double check by yourself, with the packaging.
This release may come in several variants. Consult our handy FAQ to see which download is right for you.
May 13, 2019
Uploaded:September 16, 2020 at 9:45PM UTC
File size:7.74 MB
Uploaded:September 2, 2020 at 10:34AM UTC
File size:7.74 MB
Uploaded:March 13, 2020 at 9:47PM UTC
File size:7.5 MB
Uploaded:September 4, 2019 at 8:17AM UTC
File size:7.05 MB
Uploaded:June 27, 2019 at 4:25PM UTC
File size:7.84 MB
Uploaded:June 26, 2019 at 9:37PM UTC
File size:7.84 MB
Uploaded:May 13, 2019 at 8:02AM UTC
File size:6.6 MB
Uploaded:October 17, 2018 at 2:29PM UTC
File size:5.86 MB
Uploaded:August 13, 2018 at 8:07PM UTC
File size:5.68 MB