Take a deep breath (two, if you’re not super into change): this is a big update. With the new RadioPublic 2.0, it’s now easier for you to curate your listening, discover and sample more podcasts, and navigate more fluidly with improved design consistency. We're also rolling out new listener-requested features like: HearMarks™ to capture and return to interesting moments you've heard, one-touch podcast stations, queue management, silence trimming, marathon listening, and chapters. Enjoy!
You’re ready to find something good to listen to. Whether you Google “podcasts” as a first-time podcast listener or you’re a long-time podcast addict, RadioPublic’s free, easy to use podcast player for Android makes listening to podcasts simple, enjoyable, & fun. (Also: free. We like that podcasts are free & we don’t provide our app for free at the expense of your privacy or personal data; we don’t require an account or social login to browse or listen. And unlike other free apps, we have no banner ads AND offer features that only paid apps have.)
What people using RadioPublic have to say
“I have yet to search for content that I can't access & the streaming experience is seamless.”
“The queue & downloads are easy to manage & preferences like per-show playback speed are easy to set.”
“Excellent variety & comfortable layout of podcasts you're following.”
Our podcast catalog
When you download the app through a podcast’s RadioPublic link, we magically return you to the show to listen^ subscribe If you’re not sure what else to add to your queue after that, you can search through our catalog of 500,000 podcasts (!!) for popular podcasts, podcast audio books, music podcasts (Spotify & Pandora aren’t the only places for listening to music!), & podcasts from networks like Gimlet, Radiotopia, BBC, Earwolf, Maximum Fun, HowStuffWorks, Stitcher, & the CBC or from news publications like The New York Times, Washington Post, CNN, & USA Today.
The human touch
Our Podcast Librarians regularly highlight award-winning podcasts, picking shows at the top of podcast charts like Apple Podcasts from NPR, WNYC, & PRX like This American Life, Criminal, & Serial while digging deep to surface small indie podcasts.
Overwhelmed by all the choices?
Tune in to one of our podcast stations organized by topic, theme, or time of day (podcasts are perfect for folding laundry!). Browse our podcast playlists curated by podcast experts & listeners like you, or explore some of our popular categories like Trending on RadioPublic, Indies to Watch, News & Current Events, Portraits of People, Interviews with Musicians, & Shows that Talk about Pop Culture. All our podcast recommendations are hand-curated by real humans & as one happy listener said, “I love all of the recommendations from their librarians. Total game changer.” (We couldn’t agree more.)
Key benefits & features for new listeners
RadioPublic is a Public Benefit Corporation, which means that everything we do benefits podcast listeners & podcasters alike.
• Add a HearMark™ to any podcast episode to bookmark a moment you want to return to
• Download episodes while on WiFi & listen without using mobile data
• Tap play & stream podcast episodes without waiting for a download
• Create a continuous playlist by adding episodes to your queue
• Share podcasts & episodes with friends
• Follow your favorite shows & get notified when new episodes are published
• Hop to a specific moment in a show selected by a podcaster with chapter support
• Frequent app updates from nice people who love podcasts & podcasters. (Our release notes are a thing of beauty. We like Canadian references a lot.)
Features power users will love
• Adjust playback speed or Trim Silence
• Smart Folders help organize & filter your shows/episodes
• Auto-downloads for offline listening
• Add any podcast, including private Patreon RSS feeds
• Import/export your shows using OPML import
How podcasters benefit from listening on RadioPublic
• Podcasters can be paid when their show is heard in RadioPublic
• Your brand-new listeners arrive at your show first
• Stats appear in your hosting dashboard
• Message your most loyal listeners with Affinity Promotions
As one happy podcaster said, "RadioPublic’s development of Paid Listens is created with producers in mind. You all are going to revolutionize the industry.”
That revolution is to help us create the podcast republic we want. Happy listening!
This release may come in several variants. Consult our handy FAQ to see which download is right for you.
March 12, 2019
Uploaded:September 22, 2021 at 9:16AM UTC
File size:12.66 MB
Uploaded:January 31, 2020 at 2:36PM UTC
File size:12.63 MB
Uploaded:September 16, 2019 at 5:27PM UTC
File size:9.39 MB
Uploaded:August 21, 2019 at 5:53AM UTC
File size:9.37 MB
Uploaded:May 23, 2019 at 9:54PM UTC
File size:9.31 MB
Uploaded:May 14, 2019 at 4:42AM UTC
File size:9.31 MB
Uploaded:April 25, 2019 at 3:23PM UTC
File size:8.7 MB
Uploaded:April 25, 2019 at 12:03AM UTC
File size:8.7 MB
Uploaded:April 24, 2019 at 6:19PM UTC
File size:8.71 MB
Uploaded:April 22, 2019 at 8:36PM UTC
File size:8.94 MB