Compatible with both Samsung phones and Samsung tablets
* Bug fixes
This update is available for Galaxy S7 Edge, S7, Note5, S6 Edge+, S6 Edge, S6, S6 Active, Note4, S5, S5 Neo, S5 Active, S5 Sports, S5 LTE A, Note3, S4, S4 Duos, S4 Active, S4 LTE A, A7, A8, A5x, A7x, and A9x with Android 5.0 and above.
For more information visit developer.samsung.com/internet.
Take your browsing security and privacy into your own hands.
Samsung Internet's Secret Mode helps you protect your security and privacy while browsing the web. Accessible only after user authentication, Secret Mode never reveals your browsing data. You can choose to use fingerprint authentication when entering Secret Mode for higher security.
Samsung Internet provides you with less visual clutter during your everyday browsing.
Take advantage of content blocking extensions to free your web pages from unnecessary contents.
*NOTE* Samsung Internet does not provide the contents blocking filters. Separate apps for such filters need to be installed.
Better integrated with Samsung devices
Samsung Internet aims to provide a consistent and continuous user experience among various Samsung devices.
Samsung Internet for Gear VR lets you enjoy web contents (including streaming 3D and 360˚ video) in an immersive environment. Samsung Internet for Android and Gear VR are tightly integrated to let you access your favorite web contents more easily.
* Secret Mode - Enabled only under user authentication, Secret mode never leaves a trail of your browsing data.
* Secure Web Auto Login - On devices equipped with fingerprint scanners, Samsung Internet provides a simpler but more secure way for you to login to sites.
* Quick Access - Quick Access page lets you visit your favorite sites with a single click. The default listed sites are selected based on countries, carriers, etc to provide you with a more intimate experience. (Can be set as Homepage)
* Content Cards - Content Cards, shown in the Quick Access page, dynamically recommends web contents, letting you access useful and interesting contents more easily.
* Navigation Page - This mobile friendly version of the well-known regional ‘Top Sites’ page can be set as the homepage to provide you with easy access to fun and useful sites.
* Open Tabs & Bookmark Sync - Sync Open Tabs and Bookmarks with other devices through Samsung or Firefox accounts. With Samsung account, Saved Pages will also be synced.
* Content Blocker - Install 3rd party apps to enable Content Blocking to browse the web with less clutter.
* Popup Video - View online videos in a popup window to browse the web while playing videos.
* Video History - Revisit videos more easily with the separately managed video history list. This list is also shared with Samsung Internet for Gear VR so you can view your favorite videos with a single click, in a more immersive environment.
* Shortcut Promotion Banner - Samsung Internet recommends shortcut installation for sites that you frequently visit via notification banners.
* Web Push - Receive push notifications from your favorite web sites without installing their native apps.
The following permissions are required for the app service.
For optional permissions, the default functionality of the service is turned on, but not allowed.
Location: Used to provide location-based content requested by the user or location information requested by the webpage in use
Camera: Used to provide webpage shooting function and QR code shooting function
Microphone: Used to provide recording function on webpage
Contacts: Used to store phone numbers from webpages
SMS: Used to provide automatic SMS authentication function for Wi-Fi sign-in
Storage: Used to store files when downloading from webpages
Version:5.2.03-12(520312600) for Android 5.0+ (Lollipop, API 21)
Uploaded:April 7, 2017 at 4:22PM UTC
File size:68.86 MB
Version:5.2.03-4(520304400) for Android 5.0+ (Lollipop, API 21)
Uploaded:March 29, 2017 at 4:12PM UTC
File size:68.53 MB
Version:5.2.03-3(520303600) for Android 5.0+ (Lollipop, API 21)
Uploaded:March 17, 2017 at 6:33PM UTC
File size:68.8 MB
Version:5.2.03-3(520303200) for Android 5.0+ (Lollipop, API 21)
Uploaded:March 10, 2017 at 6:52PM UTC
File size:68.4 MB
Version:5.2.02-94(520294600) for Android 5.0+ (Lollipop, API 21)
Uploaded:February 18, 2017 at 4:34PM UTC
File size:69.21 MB
Version:5.2.02-63(520263400) for Android 5.0+ (Lollipop, API 21)
Uploaded:February 6, 2017 at 7:11PM UTC
File size:68.04 MB
Version:4.0.30-59(403059061) for Android 5.0+ (Lollipop, API 21)
Uploaded:February 12, 2017 at 5:52AM UTC
File size:55.34 MB
Version:4.0.30-56(403056060) for Android 5.0+ (Lollipop, API 21)
Uploaded:January 20, 2017 at 7:48PM UTC
File size:55.34 MB
Version:4.0.30-43(403043060) for Android 5.0+ (Lollipop, API 21)
Uploaded:January 6, 2017 at 8:46PM UTC
File size:55.35 MB
Version:4.0.30-1(403001060) for Android 5.0+ (Lollipop, API 21)
Uploaded:April 25, 2016 at 3:29PM UTC
File size:55.27 MB
Uploaded:July 19, 2017 at 6:08AM UTC
File size:53.91 MB
Uploaded:June 23, 2017 at 3:40PM UTC
File size:15.05 MB
Uploaded:June 21, 2017 at 7:36AM UTC
File size:53.9 MB
Uploaded:June 6, 2017 at 5:26PM UTC
File size:71 MB
Uploaded:May 24, 2017 at 1:10PM UTC
File size:53.87 MB
Uploaded:May 2, 2017 at 6:54PM UTC
File size:53.8 MB
Uploaded:May 1, 2017 at 11:01PM UTC
File size:53.86 MB
Uploaded:May 1, 2017 at 5:43AM UTC
File size:53.89 MB
Uploaded:April 28, 2017 at 3:59PM UTC
File size:53.8 MB
Uploaded:April 10, 2017 at 11:18PM UTC
File size:69.72 MB