Performance improvements, including screen loading times, app launch time, switching tabs, and installing Recommended Automations
Improvements to battery usage, app stability, network bandwidth and usage
Bug fixes for Smart Home Monitor, Automations, and other features
Improvements to the user interface and layout
Support for tablet in portrait mode
Enhancements to some device controls
Update the app to start managing your Samsung and other SmartThings compatible devices with a single, easy-to-use app.
- Remotely control and check the status of devices registered through a Wi-Fi AP.
- Group multiple devices into a Mode and control them simultaneously.
- Configure your device settings, including the time and operating conditions, and operate them automatically.
- Invite others to a location where devices are registered to enable shared control.
- The notification feature allows you to receive status information about your device.
※ SmartThings is optimized for Samsung smartphones. Some features may be limited when used with other vendors' smartphones.
※ Some features may not be available in all countries.
SmartThings is incompatible with tablets and some mobile devices.
- Available on Android 6.0 or later
- Supported resolutions: 1280 x 720 (HD), 1920 x 1080 (fHD), 2560 x 1440 (WQHD)
- RAM size : 2GB over
※ App permissions
The following permissions are required for the app service. For optional permissions, the default functionality of the service is turned on, but not allowed.
[Required access permissions]
• Contacts: Verify user information that will be delivered while transferring files.
• Location: Find nearby devices using Bluetooth or BLE.
• Storage: Save and use plugins and app data, and transfer content and files via the app.
• Phone: Check for app updates, identify the user's country, and transfer content and files via the app.
[Optional access permissions]
• Camera: Scan QR codes.
• Microphone: Used to provide voice control function using microphone.
If your system software version is lower than Android 6.0, please update the software to configure App permissions.
Previously allowed permissions can be reset on Apps menu in device settings after software update.
Uploaded:January 3, 2018 at 7:36PM UTC
File size:34.1 MB
Uploaded:April 22, 2018 at 8:58PM UTC
File size:55.98 MB
Uploaded:March 12, 2018 at 7:18PM UTC
File size:49.03 MB
Uploaded:March 5, 2018 at 3:51PM UTC
File size:49.16 MB
Uploaded:February 26, 2018 at 5:56PM UTC
File size:38 MB