• Added new search filter options
• Added ability to browse videos through tags
• Added location option when uploading a video
• Gallery Videos and Media Server options are now found under the My Profile screen
• Updated video browsing UX with comments and reactions counts
• Various other bug fixes and improvements
Now access Samsung VR’s amazing library of immersive videos even without your Gear VR. With the Samsung VR mobile app, play videos from one of the largest libraries of quality 360 content anywhere, with new videos published daily from the biggest names in entertainment, movies, news, sports and more.
Want to become your own 360 filmmaker? Use the Samsung VR mobile app to upload and share your 360 video creations using Samsung's Gear 360 camera (for videos made with other cameras, upload your videos at SamsungVR.com). If your videos are good enough, we may even feature them in the Samsung VR library!
Want a more immersive experience? If you own a Samsung Gear VR headset, simply use the Samsung VR mobile app to find the video you want and launch it for viewing in Gear VR (Note: You must own a Samsung Gear VR headset and install our separate Samsung VR for Gear VR app, which can be downloaded from Gear VR's Oculus app store).
SAMSUNG VR HIGHLIGHTS:
• Search or browse our ever-expanding library of 360 video content, including live offerings
• Play any video directly on your Samsung phone, even without your Gear VR headset
• Navigate in your 360 video either by moving your phone or using touch navigation
• Launch videos directly to your Gear VR for more immersive experience (Samsung Gear VR headset required)
• Upload 360 videos directly to Samsung VR from Samsung's Gear 360 camera
Available on the Samsung Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+, Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy S6, Galaxy S6 edge, Galaxy S6 edge+, Galaxy Tab S2, and Galaxy Tab S3. For help or information regarding Samsung VR, please visit the website samsungvr.com.
* Notice of permissions
To offer this service, you will need to grant the following permissions. You can still use the basic features of this service without accepting optional permissions.
- Call: To allow video playback to pause when a call is received on devices running Android 5.1 or lower.
- Storage: To support viewing images, videos, and files saved on the device.
This release may come in several variants. Consult our handy FAQ to see which download is right for you.
August 11, 2017
Uploaded:September 5, 2018 at 12:17AM UTC
File size:19.85 MB
Uploaded:July 5, 2018 at 3:05PM UTC
File size:19.74 MB
Uploaded:June 10, 2018 at 5:31AM UTC
File size:19.64 MB
Uploaded:April 4, 2018 at 1:19AM UTC
File size:18.87 MB
Uploaded:February 26, 2018 at 6:36AM UTC
File size:18.77 MB
Uploaded:February 8, 2018 at 6:42PM UTC
File size:18.76 MB
Uploaded:December 19, 2017 at 5:29AM UTC
File size:20.76 MB
Uploaded:November 29, 2017 at 5:30AM UTC
File size:20.81 MB
Uploaded:September 28, 2017 at 8:04AM UTC
File size:20.81 MB
Uploaded:August 12, 2017 at 4:12AM UTC
File size:20.14 MB