We are making improvements to night mode so you’ll notice it missing in this release. It was released as an experiment over a year ago and required a double-opt in. There was lots of room for improvement.
We’ve been going back to the drawing board to make night mode a consistent and reliable feature that covers every part of our app and will update you all very soon on its return.
Understand the world through award-winning independent journalism, expert reporting and multimedia storytelling with the NYTimes app.
• A redesigned Top Stories provides a more consistent experience across all our apps and website. Our new home page groups similar stories together so you can easily return to sections that interest you.
• Breaking News alerts that link directly to developing stories.
• Save articles for offline reading on any device.
• Share articles, photos and videos through your favorite sharing platform.
• Watch exclusive videos and browse our award-winning photography.
• Experience NYT stories through innovative formats, like augmented reality and 360º video.
• International coverage of current events and cultural stories from our 50 bureaus around the globe.
• Podcasts: Listen to audio series including “The Daily” and “Modern Love.”
• The Mini Crossword: Enjoy wordplay every day with the daily mini puzzle.
• Read our Spanish-language coverage with NYT en Español.
• Reading at night? Turn on our experimental Night Mode for a dark-friendly app theme.
The NYTimes app for Android is built responsively and is formatted from 4" phones to 12"+ tablets. The app works on all devices running Android OS (5.0+).
The New York Times offers the following subscription options:
• Basic Digital Access, which includes unlimited article access. Cancel anytime.
• All Digital Access: Basic + access to The New York Times Crossword and NYT Cooking. You also receive one bonus subscription to give to anyone you’d like. Cancel anytime.
The NYTimes app requires certain permissions to provide you with the best possible reading experience. Here’s a little bit about what each one does:
• In-app purchases: This allows you to make purchases within the app.
• Photos/Media/Files: This permission allows the app to cache images locally, reducing load times for pages you revisit.
• Wi-Fi connection information: This item gives the app permission to use available Wi-Fi networks rather than your mobile network. In the absence of trusted Wi-Fi networks or if Wi-Fi is disabled, the app will make use of your cellular network (if available). Normal bandwidth and usage charges apply as detailed in your service agreement with your wireless carrier.
Terms of Service: www.nytimes.com/content/help/rights/terms/terms-of-service.html
California Notices: www.nytimes.com/privacy/california-notice
As of version 9.18 of the app will save and honor your privacy preferences across devices when logged in to a New York Times account
Feedback? Suggestions? Issues? Please contact our support team at [email protected]. We’ll do our best to assist you. Your feedback is important to us.
This release comes in several variants (we currently have 6). Consult our handy FAQ to see which download is right for you.
January 15, 2021
January 15, 2021
January 8, 2021
January 12, 2021
January 14, 2021
January 15, 2021
Uploaded:January 15, 2021 at 9:16PM UTC
File size:21.28 MB
Uploaded:December 16, 2020 at 6:02AM UTC
File size:37.9 MB
Uploaded:December 1, 2020 at 5:57PM UTC
File size:34.25 MB
Uploaded:November 18, 2020 at 11:52PM UTC
File size:34.22 MB
Uploaded:November 11, 2020 at 10:54PM UTC
File size:17.01 MB
Uploaded:October 22, 2020 at 7:06PM UTC
File size:34.77 MB
Uploaded:October 8, 2020 at 11:47PM UTC
File size:34.69 MB
Uploaded:October 6, 2020 at 10:29PM UTC
File size:34.73 MB
Uploaded:September 27, 2020 at 5:56AM UTC
File size:34.64 MB
Uploaded:September 16, 2020 at 9:46PM UTC
File size:32.07 MB