This version includes general bug fixes and improvements. Reach out at [email protected] with any questions, comments or other feedback.
Understand the world through award-winning independent journalism, expert reporting and multimedia storytelling with the NYTimes app.
• A redesigned Top Stories provides a more consistent experience across all our apps and website. Our new home page groups similar stories together so you can easily return to sections that interest you.
• Breaking News alerts that link directly to developing stories.
• Save articles for offline reading on any device.
• Share articles, photos and videos through your favorite sharing platform.
• Watch exclusive videos and browse our award-winning photography.
• Experience NYT stories through innovative formats, like augmented reality and 360º video.
• International coverage of current events and cultural stories from our 50 bureaus around the globe.
• Podcasts: Listen to audio series including “The Daily” and “Modern Love.”
• The Mini Crossword: Enjoy wordplay every day with the daily mini puzzle.
The NYTimes app for Android is built responsively and is formatted from 4" phones to 12"+ tablets. The app works on all devices running Android OS (5.0+).
The New York Times offers the following subscription options:
• Basic Digital Access, which includes unlimited article access. Cancel anytime.
• All Digital Access: Basic + access to The New York Times Crossword and NYT Cooking. You also receive one bonus subscription to give to anyone you’d like. Cancel anytime.
The NYTimes app requires certain permissions to provide you with the best possible reading experience. Here’s a little bit about what each one does:
• In-app purchases: This allows you to make purchases within the app.
• Photos/Media/Files: This permission allows the app to cache images locally, reducing load times for pages you revisit.
• Wi-Fi connection information: This item gives the app permission to use available Wi-Fi networks rather than your mobile network. In the absence of trusted Wi-Fi networks or if Wi-Fi is disabled, the app will make use of your cellular network (if available). Normal bandwidth and usage charges apply as detailed in your service agreement with your wireless carrier.
Terms of Service: www.nytimes.com/content/help/rights/terms/terms-of-service.html
California Notices: www.nytimes.com/privacy/california-notice
As of version 9.18 of the app will save and honor your privacy preferences across devices when logged in to a New York Times account
Feedback? Suggestions? Issues? Please contact our support team at [email protected]. We’ll do our best to assist you. Your feedback is important to us.
This release comes in several variants (we currently have 2). Consult our handy FAQ to see which download is right for you.
Uploaded:June 14, 2021 at 9:35PM UTC
File size:18.6 MB
Uploaded:June 3, 2021 at 12:27AM UTC
File size:18.62 MB
Uploaded:May 18, 2021 at 6:49PM UTC
File size:18.52 MB
Uploaded:May 4, 2021 at 6:23PM UTC
File size:18.47 MB
Uploaded:April 21, 2021 at 9:00PM UTC
File size:20.32 MB
Uploaded:April 12, 2021 at 10:50PM UTC
File size:20.91 MB
Uploaded:March 29, 2021 at 6:22AM UTC
File size:20.95 MB
Uploaded:March 11, 2021 at 6:47PM UTC
File size:21.29 MB
Uploaded:February 25, 2021 at 5:54AM UTC
File size:21.43 MB
Uploaded:February 22, 2021 at 11:53PM UTC
File size:21.43 MB