Target: Android 4.4 (Kitkat, API 19)
- Visual enhancements
- Improved integration with Nest store and Nest account management
- Enhanced camera setup experience available through the Nest app
***We recommend downloading the Nest app for a better way to watch your Dropcam video.***
Dropcam is now Nest – and part of the new Nest app. The Nest app is simpler, more beautiful, and the best place to watch your video feed. Download the free Nest app and sign in with your existing account.
With the Nest app you can:
- Set up your Dropcam in less than a minute.
- Stream securely day or night – in super clear HD.
- Get alerts when there’s motion or sound while you’re away.
- Talk and listen. Hear the baby. Or tell your dog to get off the couch.
- Rewind to see what you missed (when you subscribe to Nest Aware with Video History).
- Spot interesting moments in your Video History and filter events by motion, sound or Activity Zone. (With - Nest Aware subscription).
- Control all your Nest products in one place.
- Get access to future updates and features.
Should I download the Dropcam app?
There are still a few features in the Dropcam app that aren’t in the Nest app yet. So until we add control by location, email alerts, and video sharing to the Nest app, we’ll keep the Dropcam app up and running.
Questions? Go to: https://nest.com/support/article/FAQs-about-moving-from-the-Dropcam-app-to-the-Nest-app
Uploaded:August 20, 2015 at 7:29PM UTC
File size:10.04 MB