* Fix: PDF files from cloud storage (e.g. Google Drive) were not opening
* Added Chinese (Traditional) user interface translation
* Added OCR (recognizing text from images) to PDF file opening options. Based on Tesseract 4.1.1 open source OCR package. Enable if straight text extraction from PDF does not yield good results. It is slow though and battery consuming, best use when connected to external power.
Listen to the app reading aloud or read on screen web pages, news articles, long emails, TXT, PDF, DOC, DOCX, RTF, OpenOffice documens, EPUB, MOBI, PRC, AZW and FB2 ebooks and more. It's an HTML reader, document reader and ebook reader all in one, both for reading on-screen, or listening when your eyes hurt, malfunction or are busy elsewhere.
* Open text, PDF, DOC, DOCX, RTF, OpenOffice documents or HTML files for reading aloud.
* Now includes OCR (Optical Character Recognition) for extracting text from PDF files, where normal text extraction does not work.
* Click "Share" or "Send by Email" button/menu item in any app to send text to @Voice Aloud Reader for aloud reading over speakers or a headset.
* When sharing web pages to @Voice, their menus, navigation, ads, other junk are removed, leaving clean text to read or listen.
* In WhatsApp use Export Chat function to send chats to @Voice for listening
* If "Share" is not available, copy text in another app and paste it into @Voice for aloud reading.
* Save articles opened in @Voice to files for later listening. Construct listening lists of many articles for uninterrupted listening one after the other. Order the list as needed, e.g. more important articles first.
* Read eBooks on screen with their original formatting, images shown, turn pages or read continuously. Or put headphones, turn off screen and listen!
* Handles Chinese and Japanese vertical text (right to left mode), or switch it to horizontal mode if preferred.
* Easily add saved Pocket articles to @Voice reading list - in Read List screen, press Menu - Add articles from Pocket, then read on screen or listen being read aloud.
* Record spoken articles to sound files - WAV (uncompressed) or OGG (compressed) formats supported.
* Long-press word and/or select a longer phrase to view dictionaries, translations, Wikipedia, Web search and more.
* Speech correction for TTS, optionally using Regular Expressions (RegEx)
* Desktop/laptop Google Chrome browser extension to add articles to @Voice reading list with one click.
* Easily control speech generator volume, pitch and rate of speech.
* Pause/resume speech as needed with wired or Bluetooth headset buttons, plus click Next/Previous buttons to jump by sentence or to next/previous article on list.
* Auto-recognize the language to use appropriate TTS voice, if available, or set your preferred voices manually with "Select language" menu item.
* Options for additional pause between paragraph, start talking as soon as a new article is loaded or wait for a button press, start/stop talking when wired headset plug is inserted/removed.
* Optional sleep timer to stop speech after a given timeout.
WANT TO BETA TEST NEW RELEASES?
Join @Voice Beta Testing: play.google.com/apps/testing/com.hyperionics.avar
This release comes in several variants (we currently have 2). Consult our handy FAQ to see which download is right for you.
Uploaded:October 14, 2020 at 10:29PM UTC
File size:12.32 MB
Uploaded:October 12, 2020 at 6:17PM UTC
File size:36.39 MB
Uploaded:October 7, 2020 at 12:36AM UTC
File size:36.37 MB
Uploaded:September 16, 2020 at 7:02PM UTC
File size:12.37 MB
Uploaded:August 15, 2020 at 5:56PM UTC
File size:12.32 MB
Uploaded:July 10, 2020 at 4:32AM UTC
File size:12.52 MB
Uploaded:May 30, 2020 at 7:54AM UTC
File size:16.82 MB
Uploaded:May 13, 2020 at 12:13PM UTC
File size:16.8 MB
Uploaded:May 3, 2020 at 6:33AM UTC
File size:16.69 MB
Uploaded:April 28, 2020 at 5:15AM UTC
File size:16.68 MB