BBC iPlayer brings you the latest and greatest TV series and box sets from the BBC. Watch live, on-demand or download to take away with you - all in one app!
Enjoy watching live TV in the palm of your hand, from live news coverage, music and big sport events to great comedies, gripping documentaries and nail-biting dramas. Looking for a little entertainment for the children? Create an account for a more child-friendly experience and your little ones can watch all of their favourite shows from CBBC and CBeebies!
- Discover the latest TV series and Box Sets: from The Young Offenders and The Rap Game UK, to I May Destroy You and Once Upon a Time in Iraq – we've got a wide selection of categories and channels to watch.
- Download shows to your device: save all your favourite programmes on your mobile or tablet device so you can watch them offline and at a time that’s convenient for you.
- Pause and restart live TV: just missed the start of a TV episode? Now you can pause and rewind live channels part way through so that you don’t miss a thing!
- Build a playlist of your favourite programmes: can’t watch a programme right now? Just tap the ‘+Add’ button to build your own programme playlist.
- Enjoy the benefits of signing in: start watching on one device and resume watching on another plus receive recommendations of shows we think you might enjoy.
- Stream programmes to your TV using Google Chromecast: please note this requires a supported device and compatible supported device connected to your TV.
To give you the best experience, this app tracks what you’ve watched on BBC iPlayer and how long you’ve watched programmes for. You can turn this off by logging into your BBC account and turning off “Allow Personalisation”. This app also tracks when you add something to My Programmes. You can remove programmes by tapping Remove. In addition, the BBC iPlayer app uses standard Android app permissions that are defined by the Google Android platform. The device uses performance cookies for internal purposes to help us improve the app. You can choose to opt out of this at any time from the in-app Settings menu.
To view some live programmes you will need the BBC Media Player app. You’ll need to install this separately from the Google Play Store. To make installation of the BBC Media Player as easy as possible, BBC iPlayer will prompt you to install it if it is required when you first play a live programme.
The app was developed by Media AT (BBC Media Applications Technologies Limited) which is a wholly owned subsidiary of the BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation). Full details of Media AT are available on the Companies House website at: data.companieshouse.gov.uk/doc/company/07100235
Uploaded:October 13, 2020 at 5:21PM UTC
File size:39.89 MB
Uploaded:October 16, 2020 at 12:58AM UTC
File size:5.03 MB