BBC Weather's Android app now allows you to synchronise your locations to your BBC account, ensuring you can access relevant forecasts on all of your devices - across our website and apps.
In addition, we've a flurry of further bug fixes and improvements:
- Significantly reduced app size (2x).
- Fixed: if geolocation is disabled, the app displays a user's first available location upon cold start.
- Fixed: Xiaomi devices now display wind speed.
- Fixed: various performance and cosmetic issues.
Wherever you are, and whatever your plans, you're always prepared with the latest weather forecast from BBC Weather. Easy to understand, with hourly forecasts for tens of thousands of locations around the globe.
Get the information you need – fast. Including:
● At-a-glance forecasts, so you can make decisions quickly
● Hourly data up to 14 days ahead (in UK locations and major international cities)
● 'Chance of precipitation', giving you a heads-up about rain, hail or snow
● 'Feels like' temperature, which takes into account wind speed and humidity
● Met Office weather warnings, personalised to locations that matter to you
● Social-friendly forecasts, sharable on Facebook, Twitter and email
● Text-to-speech accessibility
● Easy-to-read, intuitive layout
BBC Weather app and your privacy:
The BBC Weather app allows you to see weather information based on your current location. When you first install the app, we’ll ask you whether you wish to enable this option. You can turn this feature on/off at any time via Settings > Apps > BBC Weather > Permissions > Locations.
If you choose to enable this feature for the BBC Weather widget, we request permission to access your device’s location while the app is closed or not in use. This ensures that the widget can continuously display the most up-to-date forecast for your current location.
About BBC Weather:
BBC Weather is responsible for preparing and broadcasting weather forecasts across the BBC, in association with the MeteoGroup. It broadcast its first weather forecast in 1922 and by 1936 was pioneering the use of weather maps during TV forecasts. The BBC Weather app was launched in 2013 and is now one of the most popular weather apps in the UK.
This release comes in several variants (we currently have 2). Consult our handy FAQ to see which download is right for you.
Uploaded:August 19, 2022 at 9:02AM UTC
File size:30.89 MB
Uploaded:August 7, 2022 at 4:11PM UTC
File size:31.65 MB
Uploaded:May 17, 2022 at 11:18AM UTC
File size:70.36 MB
Uploaded:December 2, 2021 at 3:46PM UTC
File size:66.28 MB
Uploaded:October 7, 2021 at 9:54AM UTC
File size:66.08 MB
Uploaded:July 26, 2021 at 5:26PM UTC
File size:66.08 MB
Uploaded:May 19, 2021 at 9:47PM UTC
File size:66.17 MB
Uploaded:September 3, 2019 at 5:20PM UTC
File size:63.62 MB
Uploaded:September 2, 2019 at 5:20PM UTC
File size:65.23 MB
Uploaded:April 7, 2017 at 4:09PM UTC
File size:8.68 MB