* Added third party apps as storage option again
* Integrated image viewer for viewing attached images without transferring them to other apps
* Upgraded OkHttp to fix issues with some connections
* Support for KeeTrayTOTP entries, now supporting Steam entries
The user interface is based on Keepassdroid (by Brian Pellin), ported from Java to Mono for Android. The backend uses the original KeePass libraries to handle file access to ensure file format compatibility.
Main features of the App are
* read/write support for .kdbx (KeePass 2.x) files
* integrates with nearly every Android browser (see below)
* QuickUnlock: Unlock your database once with your full password, re-open it by typing just a few characters (see below)
* Access files from the cloud or the web (Dropbox, Google Drive, SkyDrive, FTP, WebDAV). You can use "Keepass2Android Offline" if you don't need this feature.
* Integrated Soft-Keyboard: Switch to this keyboard for entering user credentials. This shields you from clipboard based password sniffers (see below)
* support for editing entries including additional string fields, file attachments, tags etc.
* search dialog with all search options from KeePass 2.x.
* Access SD Card
* Access Internet (required for accessing files via FTP/WebDav). Install "Keepass2Android Offline" if you don't want to grant this privilege.
Bug reports and suggestions: keepass2android.codeplex.com/
== Browser integration ==
If you need to lookup a password for a webpage, go to Menu/Share... and select Keepass2Android. This will
* bring up a screen to load/unlock a database if no database is loaded and unlocked
* go to the Search Results screen displaying all entries for the currently visited URL
- or -
* directly offer the Copy Username/Password notifications if exactly one entry matches the currently visited URL
== QuickUnlock ==
You should protect your password database with a strong (i.e. random and LONG) password including upper and lower case as well as numbers and special characters. Typing such a password on a mobile phone every time you unlock your database is time-consuming and error-prone. The KP2A solution is QuickUnlock:
* Use a strong password for your database
* Load your database and type the strong password once. Enable QuickUnlock.
* The application is locked after the time specified in the settings
* If you want to re-open your database, you can type just a few characters (by default, the last 3 characters of your password) to unlock quickly and easily!
* If the wrong QuickUnlock key is entered, the database is locked and the full password is required to re-open.
Is this safe? First: it allows you to use a really strong password, this increases safety in case someone gets your database file. Second: If you loose your phone and someone tries to open the password database, the attacker has exactly one chance to make use of QuickUnlock. When using 3 characters and assuming 70 characters in the set of possible characters, the attacker has a 0.0003% chance of opening the file. If this sounds still too much for you, choose 4 or more characters in the settings.
QuickUnlock requires an icon in the notification area. This is because Android would kill Keepass2Android too often without this icon. It does not require battery power.
== Keepass2Android Keyboard ==
A German research team has demonstrated that clipboard-based access of credentials as used by most Android password managers is not safe: Every app on your phone can register for changes of the clipboard and thus be notified when you copy your passwords from the password manager to your clipboard. In order to protect against this kind of attack, you should use the Keepass2Android keyboard: When you select an entry, a notification will appear in the notification bar. This notification lets you switch to the KP2A keyboard. ON this keyboard, click the KP2A symbol to "type" your credentials. Click the keyboard key to switch back to your favorite keyboard.
This release may come in several variants. Consult our handy FAQ to see which download is right for you.
December 4, 2017
Uploaded:June 25, 2018 at 3:03PM UTC
File size:31.67 MB
Uploaded:June 17, 2018 at 9:18PM UTC
File size:31.67 MB
Uploaded:February 14, 2018 at 6:24AM UTC
File size:31.36 MB
Uploaded:February 8, 2018 at 3:58PM UTC
File size:31.36 MB
Uploaded:December 4, 2017 at 9:43PM UTC
File size:29.54 MB
Uploaded:October 26, 2017 at 11:23PM UTC
File size:29.39 MB
Uploaded:February 6, 2017 at 2:24PM UTC
File size:29.17 MB
Uploaded:June 7, 2016 at 11:38PM UTC
File size:25.62 MB