TouchWiz Home starts fresh with a new name: Samsung Experience Home. Samsung Experience Home is an official launcher that provides a user interface optimized for Galaxy devices. It brings the high level of user convenience and style that Samsung is known for to the Android OS. Instead of complicated settings, Samsung Experience Home has carefully arranged the absolutely necessary features and customization settings to design a Home screen and Apps screen that are perfect for Galaxy devices. Samsung always strives to find better options, blending the familiar and the new, for customers. Meet the better-looking Samsung Experience Home, which is both new and familiar at the same time.
[New Features Available from Android Oreo]
• Use Landscape view on the Home screen and Apps screen!
- Now, you don't need to rotate your smartphone again while watching a video or playing a game.
- You can now also use Landscape view, which has only been available on the Galaxy S9/S9+ devices running Android Oreo. (We are planning to support Landscape view on other certain models, such as the Galaxy S7/S7 Edge, in our next update.)
- To use Landscape view, go to [Home screen settings], and then turn off the [Portrait mode only] option.
• A new style app icon badge and notification method
- You can now select different app icon badge types, either number badges or dot-like badges.
- Badges and notifications are synced to each other. If you delete a notification from the notification panel, the corresponding badge shown in the upper right corner of the relevant app icon will be also removed.
• Touch and hold an app icon.
- You can directly use key features of an app from the Home screen without opening the app. (This is applicable for some apps.)
• Folder customization with a wider range of colors and transparency level setting.
- If you want a color that goes well with the wallpaper or just something new, try adding a color to the folder.
• Do you have apps that you use frequently in multi-window mode?
- Add an App pair icon to the Home screen. You can then launch two frequently used apps at the same time.
※ The features described above require an update to Android 8.0 Oreo or newer.
• Swipe up and down the screen. This lets you switch to the Apps screen from any screen.
• If you don't like using the Home screen and Apps screen separately, you can choose to just use the Home screen. When you choose to only use the Home screen, all apps will appear on the Home screen.
• You can now edit icons and widgets more quickly and easily. Move or delete multiple icons or folders at once.
• If you have apps that you don't want to see but shouldn't delete, you can simply hide them.
• Find wallpapers and themes specifically made for Galaxy devices. Touch and hold any empty space on the Home screen to make changes.
• Try Secure Folder and Game Launcher, too.
※ Available features may differ depending on the device or OS version.
This release may come in several variants. Consult our handy FAQ to see which download is right for you.
March 30, 2017
Uploaded:October 17, 2018 at 6:55AM UTC
File size:6.31 MB
Uploaded:October 15, 2018 at 2:12PM UTC
File size:6.3 MB
Uploaded:October 1, 2018 at 3:08AM UTC
File size:8.34 MB
Uploaded:September 26, 2018 at 5:59PM UTC
File size:8.32 MB
Uploaded:September 22, 2018 at 4:30PM UTC
File size:6.19 MB
Uploaded:August 31, 2018 at 6:22AM UTC
File size:7.03 MB
Uploaded:August 28, 2018 at 5:39PM UTC
File size:6.15 MB
Uploaded:August 16, 2018 at 4:38AM UTC
File size:6.2 MB
Uploaded:August 12, 2018 at 2:42AM UTC
File size:6.2 MB
Uploaded:July 23, 2018 at 2:06PM UTC
File size:6.19 MB