It allows images/videos to be transferred to a smartphone/tablet, enables remote shooting, and provides location information to images captured by a camera.
You can continue using the features/functions of PlayMemories Mobile with Imaging Edge Mobile.
■ Transfer images from a camera to a smartphone
- You can transfer images/videos.
- The selection and transfer of images after shooting are no longer needed as the automatic background transfer function allows images to be transferred to a smartphone as they are captured. *1
- High bit rate video files including 4K can be transferred. *2
- Images and videos captured with a camera can be transferred to a smartphone with one touch.
- After transferring, you can immediately share your high quality images on social networks or through email.
*1 See here for supported cameras. Files are imported in 2MP size when using this function.
*2 See here for supported cameras. Availability of video transfer and playback varies depending on smartphone in use.
■ Remote shooting of a camera using a smartphone
- You can capture photos/videos remotely while checking the live view of a camera on a smartphone. *3
This is convenient for capturing night views or water flowing scenes which need long-exposure, or macro shooting in which you need to avoid to directly touch the camera.
*3 Models that support PlayMemories Camera Apps can use this feature by installing "Smart Remote Control" (in-camera app) on your camera in advance.
■ Record location information
- With cameras that have a location information linkage function, the location information acquired by the smartphone can be added to the captured image in your camera.
For supported models and detailed operation methods, see the support page below.
- Even with cameras that do not have a location information linkage function, it is possible to add location information acquired by your smartphone to the photos saved on your smartphone during remote shooting.
- Supported operating systems: Android 6.0 to 9.0
- This app is not guaranteed to work with all smartphones/tablets.
- Features/Functions available for this app vary depending on the camera you are using.
- For supported models and information on features/functions, see the support page below.
・Fixed the issue where remote shooting & image transfers could not be performed on some Samsung devices.
・Images can now be displayed in their original aspect ratio on the image gallery.
・Supported multi-camera control with 6 or more cameras using DSC-RX0M2 via an access point.
Uploaded:October 16, 2018 at 1:58AM UTC
File size:12.18 MB
Uploaded:July 10, 2019 at 2:05AM UTC
File size:17.73 MB
Uploaded:April 4, 2019 at 5:34AM UTC
File size:16.26 MB
Uploaded:March 25, 2019 at 2:57PM UTC
File size:16.26 MB