This release has the following updates:
• Security enhancements and bug fixes.
• Strong authentication: Provides strong, two-factor authentication when logging into your VIP-enabled accounts.
• VIP Access Proximity: Securely lock and unlock your computer using your mobile device.
• QR/App Code: Scan a QR Code to generate site-specific security codes for strong two-factor authentication to your favorite websites.
Use VIP Access at participating organizations such as eBay, PayPal, E*TRADE, Facebook, Google, or any one of the hundreds of sites within the VIP Network: :
VIP Access adds strong authentication to your normal login in one of the following ways:
• Dynamically generate a one-time use security code on your mobile device. Use that code along with your username and password.
• Receive a push notification on your mobile device that you approve as authentication. If your organization requires you to define an additional device authentication mechanism to meet the security requirements, you will be prompted for the additional local authentication such as PIN, pattern, password, or fingerprint.
• Use fingerprint or your security code in a push notification to authenticate yourself on your mobile device.
Note: Fingerprint authentication requires that your mobile device is fingerprint capable and that you have registered a fingerprint on the device.
The strong authentication method you use depends on the method implemented by your participating organization.
You can generate a security code even if you do not have a network or mobile connection.
VIP Access Proximity (requires Mac)
When used with the VIP Access for Desktop app, VIP Access can securely lock and unlock your Mac computer with your mobile device. VIP Access will use your mobile device as a credential to unlock your computer when you are close to it, and to lock it when you move away.
• For greater security, you can require a fingerprint or push notification, in addition to device proximity, to unlock your computer
• Using VIP Access Proximity, you can send your push notifications to a paired computer by enabling settings through the Proximity screen.
To use VIP Access Proximity feature, download and install the VIP Access for Desktop on your computer from vip.symantec.com
Scan a QR Code at participating organizations such as Google, Facebook, Amazon, and more to generate a security code every 30 seconds to securely sign in. Enter this security code along with your password to add strong authentication to your favorite websites.
Be sure to read the VIP End User Agreement after downloading VIP Access:
This release may come in several variants. Consult our handy FAQ to see which download is right for you.
January 31, 2018
Uploaded:May 8, 2019 at 8:47AM UTC
File size:13.39 MB
Uploaded:March 6, 2019 at 10:43AM UTC
File size:13.38 MB
Uploaded:February 11, 2019 at 12:48PM UTC
File size:13.37 MB
Uploaded:February 8, 2019 at 8:39AM UTC
File size:13.37 MB
Uploaded:September 20, 2018 at 5:43PM UTC
File size:13.88 MB
Uploaded:January 31, 2018 at 11:19PM UTC
File size:13.76 MB
Uploaded:February 23, 2017 at 5:12AM UTC
File size:11.65 MB
Uploaded:January 3, 2017 at 1:33AM UTC
File size:9.87 MB