• Fixed a bug where some users had their 'current location' get registered twice with our severe weather alerting system, causing them to receive a duplicate severe weather alert for their 'current location'.
• Minor performance improvements.
Severe weather alerts for your exact location. Storm Shield gives you storm-based alerts for tornado, hurricane, flood, thunderstorm, winter storms and other life-threatening weather events via voice and push notification.
Storm-based alerts help reduce false alarms by alerting you to severe weather based on your exact location within a county. County-based alerts can result in false alarms, warning you when your location in the county is not within the threatened area.
These features come with your app download:
• Get voice alerts just like a NOAA weather radio via push notification anywhere in the United States.
• Hi-Def radar map is your home screen so you can quickly see what's going on at your locations.
• View current conditions, hourly and daily forecasts.
• Save additional locations to ensure family members stay safe.
• Closings for Baltimore, Buffalo, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Denver, Detroit, Green Bay, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Lansing, Milwaukee, Nashville, Omaha, Tulsa.
View NOAA severe weather alerts on the map to see where dangerous weather is happening:
• Tap alerts to view info
• Show multiple severe weather layers on the map at the same time
• Flood watches & warnings
• Tornadoes & Thunderstorms
• Hurricane & Tropical Storm forecast tracks
• Winter storms
• Marine & Coastal alerts
• Radar & Clouds
• Wind Speed
• Snow Cover
• Water Temperatures
• Road Weather
Enhance your app with auto-renewing subscriptions:
• Buy Premium Weather ($0.99/mo) to unlock these 3 features:
1) Future Radar: See radar into the future (6 hrs on Wi-Fi, 2 hrs on cellular)
2) Storm Tracks: See how fast storms are moving & where they're headed
3) Future Temperature Map: See future temperatures map (12 hrs on Wi-Fi, 5 hrs on cellular)
• Buy Lightning ($0.99/mo) to unlock these 2 features:
1) Lightning strike push notifications up to 10 miles away.
2) See lightning on the map within 150 miles of a selected location.
• Payment will be charged to your Google Play Account at confirmation of your purchase.
• After a free trial ends (if offered), your subscription will automatically convert to a paid subscription.
Storm Shield is made possible by The E.W. Scripps Company.
View help and tips at support.stormshieldapp.com.
This release may come in several variants. Consult our handy FAQ to see which download is right for you.
July 30, 2019
Uploaded:November 10, 2021 at 10:50PM UTC
File size:42.3 MB
Uploaded:September 7, 2021 at 1:34PM UTC
File size:37.98 MB
Uploaded:June 1, 2021 at 1:21PM UTC
File size:37.73 MB
Uploaded:March 1, 2021 at 8:48PM UTC
File size:37.73 MB
Uploaded:July 7, 2020 at 3:06PM UTC
File size:24.13 MB
Uploaded:July 30, 2019 at 10:09PM UTC
File size:14.1 MB