- Added a 'Help' screen with frequently asked questions (English only for now)
A bunch of bug fixes:
- Searching for audio files should no longer cause crashes
- Fixed two export fields appearing in Video to Audio operation screen
- Orientation changes in audio editor should no longer display file corruption dialog
Coming soon: Tons of new operations.
Timbre is an app for editing audio and video files. It allows you to cut, join and convert video and audio files. It is completely free and has no ads.
Psst! You can now help translate Timbre into your own language here!
The most popular feature of Timbre is the high quality mp3 cutter & mp4 cutter. But it does much more than simply cutting mp3 songs or cutting videos. Timbre allows you to pick an audio or video file from your device and gives you complete control over how you wish to edit it.
The amazing features of Timbre can be divided into two parts: Audio & Video. First of all, we have an insane amount of audio editing features:
• Audio Cutter: Timbre allows you to take a song or any audio file, say an mp3 file, select a range and then cut it out to create a new trimmed version of the audio file. Timbre chops up your mp3 file and makes a high quality shorter version to your liking. If you only like a specific part of a song, using Timbre you can simply cut it out so you never have to listen to the part that you don't like!
• Audio Joiner: You can even join two or more audio files into a single file. This makes Timbre perfect for making a playlist or a mixtape.
• Audio Splitter: This special function of Timbre allows you to quickly split any audio file into two parts. Simply pick the point at which you'd like to split and Timbre splits the file into two new files.
• Audio Converter: Convert your audio files to and from any formats including mp3, wav, flac, m4a, aac & wma!
• And there's also an Audio Omitter and Audio Bitrate Changer
All of the above editing features are applicable to video files too!
•Video Cutter: Cut out portions of your videos (in any formats, from mp4 to avi to mkv to flv and more!)
•Video Joiner: Join any number of videos into one single file!
•Video Converter: Convert flv to mp4 or mp4 to mkv or avi to webm! Timbre allows you to convert videos from any format to any other format while preserving high quality! Take your pick!
• And you can also remove audio from a video or convert a video to audio format.
Using the high quality and fast MP3 cutter (& MP4 cutter too!) that comes with Timbre you can easily and effortlessly edit your songs and videos to your liking! Timbre makes sure the output files are compressed and super small while keeping their quality intact.
Timbre makes use of the popular FFmpeg library, the industrial standard of audio and video editing. Using FFmpeg allows Timbre to support a wide variety of media types and not only that, FFmpeg is super fast and high quality. And guess what? There's an FFmpeg console built right into the app so that you can even edit and fine tune the quality of all your songs and videos!
Finally, Timbre also allows you to convert text to speech! Timbre uses your phone's built in Text to speech engine so that you can type or paste in any text you wish and Timbre will convert it into voiced speech. You can listen to it or you can export it as an audio file! Timbre includes all the audio/video features you can think of!
And guess what? Timbre supports a whole lot more than just MP3 and MP4 cutting and merging! You can use almost any audio or video file format with timbre so that your media files just work anywhere you want. Here's a list of all the supported formats:
Supported audio formats: mp3, wav, flac, m4a, aac, pcm, aiff, ogg, wma, alac
Supported video formats: mp4, avi, flv, mov, webm, mkv, mpeg
Permissions explained: (Nothing shady, Yay!)
• Write to external storage: To save the media files after editing.
• Keep CPU awake: So that Timbre can keep working in the background, even while the screen is off.
• Internet (Wi-Fi only): Whenever Timbre crashes, the developer receives an error log detailing what went wrong so that it can be quickly fixed.
This release may come in several variants. Consult our handy FAQ to see which download is right for you.
July 29, 2017
Uploaded:December 7, 2020 at 5:42AM UTC
File size:10.38 MB
Uploaded:February 27, 2020 at 9:21AM UTC
File size:15.73 MB
Uploaded:December 9, 2018 at 4:29PM UTC
File size:14.95 MB
Uploaded:December 9, 2018 at 7:02AM UTC
File size:14.95 MB
Uploaded:August 26, 2018 at 3:43AM UTC
File size:14.74 MB
Uploaded:June 15, 2018 at 10:42PM UTC
File size:23.74 MB
Uploaded:June 15, 2018 at 8:03PM UTC
File size:14.5 MB
Uploaded:August 6, 2017 at 10:53PM UTC
File size:22.07 MB
Uploaded:August 5, 2017 at 6:41AM UTC
File size:22.07 MB
Uploaded:July 29, 2017 at 9:09PM UTC
File size:21.51 MB