* minSDK is now 17 (Android 4.2)
* Onboarding screen for new users
* Option to group videos by folders
* Android Auto is back!
* External storages support on Chromebooks (ChromeOS v72+)
* Launcher shortcuts
* OTG devices browsing
* A-B repeat
* Sorting preferences are now saved
* Improve support of very large media libraries
* Homescreen channels
* Media sorting and videos grouping
* Manual network share setting
* SMB 2/3
* AV1 software decoding
This is the port of VLC media player to the Android™ platform. VLC for Android can play any video and audio files, as well as network streams, network shares and drives, and DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC.
VLC for Android is a full audio player, with a complete database, an equalizer and filters, playing all weird audio formats.
VLC is intended for everyone, is totally free, has no ads, no in-app-purchases, no spying and is developed by passionate volunteers. All the source code is available for free.
VLC for Android™ plays most local video and audio files, as well as network streams (including adaptive streaming), DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC. It also support disk shares.
All formats are supported, including MKV, MP4, AVI, MOV, Ogg, FLAC, TS, M2TS, Wv and AAC. All codecs are included with no separate downloads. It supports subtitles, Teletext and Closed Captions.
VLC for Android has a media library for audio and video files, and allows to browse folders directly.
VLC has support for multi-track audio and subtitles. It supports auto-rotation, aspect-ratio adjustments and gestures to control volume, brightness and seeking.
It also includes a widget for audio control, supports audio headsets control, cover art and a complete audio media library.
VLC for Android needs access to those categories:
• "Photos/Media/Files" to read your all media files :)
• "Storage" to read your all media files on SD cards :)
• "Other" to check network connections, change the volume, set the ringtone, run on Android TV and display the popup view, see below for details.
Permission Details :
• It needs "read the contents of your USB storage", in to order to read your media files on it.
• It needs "modify or delete the contents of your USB storage", in order to allow deletion of files and store subtitles.
• It needs "full network access", to open network and internet streams.
• It needs "prevent phone from sleeping" in order to prevent... your phone from sleeping when watching a video.
• It needs "change your audio settings", in order to change audio volume.
• It needs "modify system settings", in order to allow you to change your audio ringtone.
• It needs "view network connections" in order to monitor whether device is connected or not, to hide the streaming parts.
• It needs "draw over other apps" to start the popup menu.
• It needs "control vibration" to give feedback on the controls.
• It needs "run at startup" to set recommendations on Android TV launcher screen, only used with Android TV version.
• It needs "record audio" to provide voice search on Android TV devices, only used with Android TV version.
This release comes in several variants (we currently have 4). Consult our handy FAQ to see which download is right for you.
Uploaded:December 11, 2015 at 7:13PM UTC
File size:14.28 MB
Uploaded:May 29, 2019 at 5:43AM UTC
File size:24.99 MB
Uploaded:May 26, 2019 at 4:17PM UTC
File size:25.03 MB
Uploaded:May 7, 2019 at 6:21PM UTC
File size:24.95 MB
Uploaded:May 1, 2019 at 2:55AM UTC
File size:24.82 MB
Uploaded:April 11, 2019 at 4:58PM UTC
File size:24.89 MB
Uploaded:April 3, 2019 at 3:43PM UTC
File size:24.88 MB
Uploaded:March 26, 2019 at 1:42AM UTC
File size:24.88 MB
Uploaded:March 15, 2019 at 12:32AM UTC
File size:24.83 MB
Uploaded:March 13, 2019 at 8:40PM UTC
File size:24.82 MB
Uploaded:March 7, 2019 at 4:45AM UTC
File size:24.75 MB