* UI redesign, including player and TV browsers
* Add Group videos by name feature
* Subtitles are now saved in the media folder when possible
* Video player controls reorganization
* Improve SMBv2 support
* Improve media titles
VLC media player is a free and open source cross-platform multimedia player that plays most multimedia files as well as discs, devices, and network streaming protocols.
This is the port of VLC media player to the Android™ platform. VLC for Android can play any video and audio files, as well as network streams, network shares and drives, and DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC.
VLC for Android is a full audio player, with a complete database, an equalizer and filters, playing all weird audio formats.
VLC is intended for everyone, is totally free, has no ads, no in-app-purchases, no spying and is developed by passionate volunteers. All the source code is available for free.
VLC for Android™ plays most local video and audio files, as well as network streams (including adaptive streaming), DVD ISOs, like the desktop version of VLC. It also support disk shares.
All formats are supported, including MKV, MP4, AVI, MOV, Ogg, FLAC, TS, M2TS, Wv and AAC. All codecs are included with no separate downloads. It supports subtitles, Teletext and Closed Captions.
VLC for Android has a media library for audio and video files, and allows to browse folders directly.
VLC has support for multi-track audio and subtitles. It supports auto-rotation, aspect-ratio adjustments and gestures to control volume, brightness and seeking.
It also includes a widget for audio control, supports audio headsets control, cover art and a complete audio media library.
VLC for Android needs access to those categories:
• "Photos/Media/Files" to read your all media files :)
• "Storage" to read your all media files on SD cards :)
• "Other" to check network connections, change the volume, set the ringtone, run on Android TV and display the popup view, see below for details.
Permission Details :
• It needs "read the contents of your USB storage", in to order to read your media files on it.
• It needs "modify or delete the contents of your USB storage", in order to allow deletion of files and store subtitles.
• It needs "full network access", to open network and internet streams.
• It needs "prevent phone from sleeping" in order to prevent... your phone from sleeping when watching a video.
• It needs "change your audio settings", in order to change audio volume.
• It needs "modify system settings", in order to allow you to change your audio ringtone.
• It needs "view network connections" in order to monitor whether device is connected or not.
• It needs "draw over other apps" to start the custom picture-in-picture widget.
• It needs "control vibration" to give feedback on the controls.
• It needs "run at startup" to set recommendations on Android TV launcher screen, only used on Android TV devices.
• It needs "microphone" to provide voice search on Android TV devices, only asked on Android TV devices.
This release comes in several variants (we currently have 4). Consult our handy FAQ to see which download is right for you.
December 4, 2019
December 6, 2019
November 28, 2019
December 4, 2019
Uploaded:December 11, 2015 at 7:13PM UTC
File size:14.28 MB
Uploaded:January 21, 2021 at 7:20AM UTC
File size:29.55 MB
Version:3.3.4 Beta 2
Uploaded:January 18, 2021 at 7:26AM UTC
File size:29.54 MB
Version:3.3.4 Beta 1
Uploaded:January 12, 2021 at 8:34AM UTC
File size:29.53 MB
Uploaded:December 16, 2020 at 4:10PM UTC
File size:29.46 MB
Version:3.3.3 Beta 4
Uploaded:December 9, 2020 at 7:32PM UTC
File size:29.43 MB
Version:3.3.3 Beta 3
Uploaded:November 28, 2020 at 12:01AM UTC
File size:29.69 MB
Version:3.3.3 Beta 2
Uploaded:November 27, 2020 at 6:14AM UTC
File size:29.4 MB
Uploaded:November 25, 2020 at 4:03PM UTC
File size:29.32 MB
Version:3.3.2 Beta 4
Uploaded:November 18, 2020 at 9:26PM UTC
File size:29.33 MB
Version:3.3.2 Beta 3
Uploaded:November 13, 2020 at 9:24PM UTC
File size:29.32 MB