What's new in Oxygen Updater
• New OxygenOS 13.1 version format is now shown in the app, e.g. KB2001_18.104.22.1683(EX01)
• Added vertical scrollbars in news screens
• Become a contributor: you can help other users by letting the app automatically capture & submit OTA URLs to us. It requires root access to read a DB file. Consider excluding our app from overaggressive OnePlus optimizations: dontkillmyapp.com/oneplus#user-solution. It makes sure everything works reliably; won’t negatively affect battery.
From version Oxygen Updater 5.11.3:
About Oxygen Updater
Oxygen Updater is an open-source app supported by ads & donations. Ads can be removed by purchasing the ad-free unlock in the app’s settings.
This is a third-party app, not an official OnePlus application.
OnePlus rolls out OTA updates in a staged manner, meaning you might have to wait a long time before receiving an update. That’s where this app comes in — it downloads only official updates directly from OnePlus/Google servers, and even verifies the integrity of the ZIP before allowing you to install. By doing so, Oxygen Updater lets you skip the rollout queue and install official updates ASAP. It’s faster than OTA 99% of the time.
Note: if you’re not receiving notifications, double-check app & Android settings. Also disable battery optimizations: dontkillmyapp.com/oneplus#user-solution.
🪄 First-launch setup wizard: auto-detects correct device/method & allows configuring privacy options
📝 View important info: changelog & device/OS versions (including security patch)
📖 Fully transparent: check filename & MD5 checksums
✨ Robust download manager: recovers from network errors to avoid data loss
🔒 MD5 verification: protects against corruption/tampering
🧑🏫 Detailed install guides: never miss a step
🤝 World-class support: email & Discord (thanks to our community)
📰 High-quality news articles: cover a variety of topics about OnePlus, OxygenOS, and our project
☀️ Themes: Light, Dark, System, Auto (time-based)
♿ Fully accessible: professionally-crafted design (adhering to WCAG 2.0), support for screen readers
All OnePlus devices that aren’t carrier-branded (e.g. T-Mobile & Verizon) work perfectly. Carrier-branded devices run a custom, completely locked-down OxygenOS flavour. If you own such a device, be aware that you cannot manually update your firmware, even if you don’t use our app.
Works perfectly without root
If you grant root access to the app, there are some additional features you can take advantage of: auto-install (via OpenRecovery scripts), hiding “incremental” update methods (they’re not compatible with rooted devices, so the app makes it less confusing for you), etc.
Note: auto-install doesn’t work on newer devices/versions. We recommend the following instead:
1. Install via “local upgrade” as you normally would, but *DO NOT* reboot
2. Open Magisk and select the “flash to inactive slot” option
3. Reboot and enjoy
Supports all update tracks & package types
• Stable (default): supposed to be pristine quality, daily-driver material
• Open Beta (opt-in): may contain bugs, but you can experience new features early
• Developer Preview (opt-in, if available for your device): unstable, meant only for developers or hardcore enthusiasts
Switching between different tracks requires enabling “advanced mode” in the app’s settings.
• Incremental (default): much smaller than full, meant for a specific source → target version combo (e.g. 1.2.3 → 1.2.6). Incompatible if rooted, standard Android behaviour. Note: app falls back to full if for whatever reason an incremental isn’t available.
• Full: contain the entire OS, so they’re quite large. Uses: switching between different tracks, or upgrading to a brand new major Android version (e.g. 11 → 12), or if you’re rooted. In all other cases, incremental is recommended.
Contact us via email or Discord if you need to.
This is a third-party app, not an official OnePlus application. Neither the developer of this app nor OnePlus are responsible for your actions. Back up your files/media regularly.
OnePlus, OxygenOS and the respective logos are registered trademarks of OnePlus Technology (Shenzhen) Co., Ltd.
AdMob™, AdSense™, Android™, Google Play and the Google Play logo are registered trademarks of Google LLC.
Oxygen Updater variants
Uploaded:June 15, 2023 at 8:32AM UTC
File size:6.79 MB
Uploaded:June 14, 2023 at 3:02PM UTC
File size:6.79 MB
Uploaded:June 14, 2023 at 10:11AM UTC
File size:7.24 MB
Uploaded:June 14, 2023 at 8:05AM UTC
File size:7.24 MB
Uploaded:December 29, 2022 at 10:07PM UTC
File size:6.89 MB
Uploaded:December 29, 2022 at 6:24AM UTC
File size:7.36 MB
Uploaded:September 12, 2022 at 7:43PM UTC
File size:6.92 MB
Uploaded:August 2, 2022 at 2:01AM UTC
File size:6.9 MB
Uploaded:July 12, 2022 at 8:20PM UTC
File size:6.95 MB
Uploaded:July 1, 2022 at 4:23PM UTC
File size:6.91 MB