- Updated translations
CellMapper works on both tablets and phones running Android 2.3 or higher.
- Displays low level cellular network information data along with frequency band calculations (for some providers)
- Reads cellular frequencies on certain Android 7.0+, Qualcomm based (root), Sony (root), and Samsung devices (root)
- Displays a map of both coverage and individual tower sector coverage and bands
- Supports Dual SIMs on Android One, Mediatek, Qualcomm, and Samsung Duos devices
- Frequency calculator (GSM ARFCN, UMTS UARFCN, LTE EARFCN, CDMA, and iDEN)
Note: The data on the site and within the app is generated shortly after it is uploaded.
Currently supported networks:
Visit and follow us:
Visit our our website cellmapper.net.
Why does CellMapper need so many permissions?
android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION - To get CellID information
android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION - To get GPS location
android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - To get Cellular network information
android.permission.INTERNET - To connect to server to download map data / upload data
android.permission.READ_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - To write external CSV file if no internet connection
android.permission.READ_LOGS - To read Samsung Field Test Mode data on Android 4.1 and earlier (despite what the dialog says, the app cannot read your browsing history unless your browser write it to the system log)
android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE - To read info about airplane mode / network settings
android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED - To start at boot time (if enabled)
android.permission.VIBRATE - To vibrate on CellID change (if enabled)
android.permission.WAKE_LOCK - For phones that do not support 4.2+ CellID Support, to ensure they report correct data
android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE - To write external CSV file and debug report
Uploaded:March 14, 2018 at 12:26AM UTC
File size:3.41 MB
Uploaded:March 8, 2017 at 10:11PM UTC
File size:2.95 MB
Uploaded:August 24, 2016 at 7:33PM UTC
File size:3.37 MB