With this plugin you can make GUI applications in Termux without using VNC or a X11 server.
This plugin uses the native Android GUI components to display everything.
That means it seamlessly integrates into the Android experience, but standard applications written for X11 don't work.
Also it requires a minimum of knowledge of how the Android GUI works.
See the README for a crash course.
* Display content in a task with its own back stack
* Display custom dialogs
* If you want you can also display on the lockscreen
* Create your own homescreen widgets
* Use picture-in-picture mode
* Get events from the UI and change the content on-the-fly
* Draw to a buffer on the screen directly
Using the plugin:
There are also prepackaged programs you can use.
There are currently only Python bindings, but the protocol used is fully documented.
Implementing the protocol only requires the ability to use unix sockets, JSON handling and reading and writing 4 byte big endian integers.
The python bindings should provide further clarification in case the protocol didn't specify something.
The python bindings also have a tutorial.
Example code is provided in examples/code, but it's not commented and more used for testing features.
- Implemented all Protobuf methods
- Added features for the Protobuf protocol:
- setting an Activity to fullscreen
- intercepting volume buttons
- hardware-accelerated rendering with SurfaceViews
- setting the secure flag for an Activity, disabling screenshots and blanking it out in the app switcher
- WebView fixes
- Changed the app icon a bit
- Added more demo videos
- Implemented a Bash library
- Implemented a C library (tutorial not yet fully finished)
The next release will be 1.0.0 and will include:
- ConstraintLayout support
- Events for scrolling in Nested/HorizontalScrollView
- Dialogs inside Activities, so that they can survive app switching
- Events for PiP action buttons
After that I view this plugin as mostly feature-complete, if you want to suggest a feature, you can open an issue for it.
Uploaded:May 1, 2023 at 9:39PM UTC
File size:3.28 MB
Uploaded:September 26, 2022 at 5:46PM UTC
File size:3.8 MB
Uploaded:January 7, 2022 at 8:39AM UTC
File size:2.51 MB