What's new in Camera Assistant
- Support version : One UI 5.1 or higher
- Support model : S23/S23FE/S22/S21/S20/Note20/Fold5/Flip5/Fold4/Flip4/Fold3/Flip3/Fold2/Flip
1. "Optical quality crop zoom" → "2x crop zoom shortcut"
※ Only the name/description phrase has been changed.
2. Added the "High resolution settings"
- "Adaptive pixel" option is moved to "High resolution settings" .
- Added the "Upscale digital zoom" option (under "High resolution settings")
3. Added the "Distortion correction" option
4. Deleted "Capture speed" option
※ It moved to "Camera settings > Advanced intelligence options".
5. If you do not use the camera app for a long time, add a guide to the problem of not being able to enter Camera Assistant
"The Camera app was put in deep sleep to save battery. Remove it from your deep sleeping apps in Settings to use Camera Assistant."
- Add the optical quality crop zoom [S23]
(Need software update after August)
- Add the adaptive pixel [S23]
- Delete the fast capture of high resolution [S23]
(Need software update after June)
- Add Prioritize focus over speed [S23]
- Support Auto lens switching [S21/S20/Note20/Fold4/Fold3]
(Need software update after April)
Support new features :
- Support version : One UI 5.1 or higher
- Support model : S23/S22/S21/S20/Note20/Fold4/Flip4/Fold3/Flip3/Fold2/Flip
Support new features : S23, S22 ONEUI5.1
1. Add Picture softening step
- OFF / 50 (addition) / 100
2. Add Capture Speed Step
- Speed priority, picture quality precondition
3. Timer multi-photo options
- In addition of shooting intervals (currently 1.5 seconds fixed) settings
4. Dim screen while recording
- The function to set the screen dark when shooting video
5. Quick tap shutter
- Take pictures as soon as your finger touches the Shutter button instead of when you lift it off. You can still swipe or press and hold the Shutter button to capture GIFs, burst shots, and videos, but a picture will be taken too.
- The description text has been modified.
- A color palette icon has been applied.
From version Camera Assistant 2.0.00.0:
About Camera Assistant
Customize your own camera settings to your preference
It provides ON/OFF features for the following features:
- 2x crop zoom shortcut
Add a 2x zoom shortcut to Camera. This zoom uses a remosaiced crop of the high-resolution sensor to match the quality of an optical lens.
- Auto HDR
Capture more details in the bright and dark areas of your pictures and videos.
- Picture softening
Smooth out sharp edges and textures in Photo mode pictures.
- Auto lens switching
Let the camera pick the best lens based on the zoom, lighting, and distance to the subject.
- Distortion correction
Automatically fix bowing or bending lines caused by lens and perspective distortion.
- Adaptive pixel
Reduce noise in low light shots by combining multiple lower-resolution frames into the final high-resolution picture.
- Upscale digital zoom
If the resolution decreases due to zoom, upscale pictures back to the resolution you selected.
- Quick tap shutter
Take pictures as soon as your finger touches the Shutter button instead of when you lift it off. You can still swipe or press and hold the Shutter button to capture GIFs, burst shots, and videos, but a picture will be taken too.
- Prioritize focus over speed
Wait for the camera to finish focusing before triggering the shutter. This may delay the shutter slightly.
- Video recording in Photo mode
Touch and hold the Shutter button to record videos in Photo mode.
- Clean preview on HDMI displays
Show the camera preview without settings or buttons on HDMI-connected displays.
The following features are also available.
- Timer multi-photo options
- Camera timeout
- Dim screen while recording
- Chinese Simplified
Uploaded:November 16, 2023 at 3:33PM UTC
File size:9.12 MB
Uploaded:August 16, 2023 at 3:55PM UTC
File size:8.38 MB
Uploaded:June 28, 2023 at 11:05PM UTC
File size:8.35 MB
Uploaded:March 30, 2023 at 6:23PM UTC
File size:8.31 MB
Uploaded:February 20, 2023 at 5:24AM UTC
File size:8.26 MB
Uploaded:February 8, 2023 at 6:01PM UTC
File size:8.27 MB
Uploaded:November 18, 2022 at 9:53PM UTC
File size:8.04 MB
Uploaded:October 26, 2022 at 6:25AM UTC
File size:8.03 MB