What's new in Materialistic - Hacker News
Long overdue update for major bug fixes and app upgrades.
- Readability mode will stop working on April 15 2019 due to API sunset, an alternative is being worked on.
- Certain websites don't load or show up blank in-app, disable in-app ad blocker may help. Please also file a feedback with the faulty website/article so it can be fixed!
Major bug fixes:
- Fix saved story export
- Fix broken search/catch up
- Fix HTTP articles not loading in-app on Android P
From version Materialistic - Hacker News 3.3:
About Materialistic - Hacker News
Ad free, open source Hacker News client, designed for both phones & tablets, with optimized speed & network usage.
- Browse top stories, best, newest, show HN, ask HN, jobs & user profiles
- Submit story, comment & vote, multiple HN accounts supported
- Catch up with best stories from past day, week, month or year
- Search, share stories, save for offline reading
Flexible reading options:
- Multiple themes, adjustable font & text size
- Colour-coded, collapsible comments thread
- Readability mode/external browser options
The project is open source at github.com/hidroh/materialistic. Public APIs are provided by Hacker News, Algolia and Readability.
All articles and comments in the app are displayed as is, provided by Hacker News, and not owned by the publisher of this app.