Carmageddon is the original freeform driving sensation, where pedestrians (and cows!) equal points, and your opponents are a bunch of crazies in a twisted mix of automotive killing machines. The game features anarchic drive-wherever-you-like gameplay and over-the-top surreal comedy violence. It’s the racing game where racing is for wimps.
Now the same Mac & PC classic that was BANNED AROUND THE WORLD is back and available on Android phones and tablets!
Carmageddon features real-world environments that have been turned into killing fields, where the locals stay out on the streets at their peril. As well as using your car as a weapon, every level is sprinkled generously with power-ups that have a vast variety of mad effects, adding a whole extra level of craziness to the proceedings. In every event you have the option to “play it your way”… Waste all your opponents, kill every pedestrian, or (perish the thought) complete all the laps. Oh and watch out – the cops in their super-tough armoured patrol vehicles are lurking, and if they catch you being bad they’ll be down on you like several tons of cold pork!
• 28 dangerously deranged Opponents
• 11 wildly exhilarating Environments
• Career Mode featuring 36 satisfyingly violent Levels
• Race and Wreck opponents to unlock 30 playable cars!
• Multiple control methods: digital, analogue (mix ‘n’ match), tilt
• Edit your control layout in game to your preferences
• Comprehensive Action Replay System
• Environment maps and other special effects
• Enhanced pre-lit environments
• Buckets of gibs
• Tons of laughs
Plus the opportunity to make in app purchases to unlock ALL the cars (apart from the secret one) and ALL the races!
Carmageddon requires Android 4 or later.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION FOR THE ORIGINAL GAME
Carmageddon won the “Game of the Year” trophy in the 1997 PC Zone Reader awards. Carmageddon 1 & 2 were “Driving Game of the Year” 1997/1998.
SELECTED REVIEWS OF THE ORIGINAL GAME
Originally released for the PC in 1997, Carmageddon was an instant hit and the titles went on to sell over 2 million copies worldwide. Here’s what a sample of the gaming press thought at the time:
“Carmageddon is visceral, violent, vehicular fun...” - GameSpot 8.8 out of 10
“Carmageddon, to get straight to the point, is one of the best computer games I've ever played… Carmageddon is God!” - Duncan McDonald 95% Classic Award PC Zone Magazine
“Carmageddon is one of those games that only come along once in a blue moon. An essential purchase.” - Escape Magazine 6 out of 6
“The gameplay is spot on and anyone with a dark enough sense of humour should give it a go.” - Computer Gaming World 4 out of 5
“So next time you gun down coppers on GTA VI, just remember, Carmageddon’s controversy was there first, and you have a lot to thank it for.” - RetroGarden
ABOUT STAINLESS GAMES
Stainless was founded in 1994 by Patrick Buckland, a veteran of the games industry going back to the Jurassic period of 1982, and Neil Barnden, who used to have hair like a mammoth. A team of 8 worked on the original Carmageddon at Stainless, and 5 are still with the company today, although a couple of them are now kept manacled in a small padded room in the cellar.
Stainless Games now employs well over fifty mad, dedicated people of assorted gender, height and width. They can all be found dangling precariously from a small chalky rock just off the South Coast of England.
- Improvements to the stability of the game.
- The Car Pack and Track Pack IAP can now be purchased again. If you’d previously bought these items, attempting to buy them again will restore them.
- Fixed the speed UI so it shows when driving under 100mph.
- Fixed the “Rate Me” functionality.
- Made adverts less intrusive.
- Updated the twitter handle to point to @CrashersGame
Uploaded:August 15, 2017 at 12:00AM UTC
File size:66.23 MB