RetroArch is an open-source project that makes use of a powerful development interface called Libretro. Libretro is an interface that allows you to make cross-platform applications that can use rich features such as OpenGL, cross-platform camera support, location support, and more in the future.
It comes with its own built-in collection of applications to provide you with a 'one-stop-shop' for entertainment.
Libretro and RetroArch are perfectly suited for creating games, emulators and multimedia programs. If you want to learn more, go to our website (listed below).
IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ!!!
This version of RetroArch differs from the one available on our website (www.retroarch.com) in that there is no Core Downloader, in compliance with the Google Play Store's policies. This version supports 50 cores max. If this is not enough for your needs, there are two options:
* Get RetroArch Plus, also available for free on the Play Store (this supports up to 127 cores). This version requires Android 8.0 or higher.
* Get RetroArch from our website (www.retroarch.com) and download the APK and install it. This version has the Core Downloader and is considered the 'full-fat' version.
Pros of the Play Store version vs. the website APK:
* Automatic weekly updates of both cores and RetroArch.
Cons of the Play Store version vs. the website APK:
* Only 50 cores supported max
* Eye-candy menus to choose from!
* Scan files / directories and add them to game system collections!
* View database information about each game once added to a collection!
* Download programs ('cores') online
* Update everything!
* Download Game & Watch games and play them with our exclusive Game & Watch emulator!
* Built-in input remapping
* Ability to remap controls
* Ability to enter and load cheats
* Multi-language support!
* Over 80+ programs('cores') now and counting!
* Play multiplayer with NetPlay!
* Take screenshots, save states and more!
* No DRM
* No restrictions on usage
* No push ads
* No spying
* No ads period
Join us on discord for support and netplay matchmaking
Visit our Youtube channel here for tutorials, gameplays, news and development progress!
For info and help, see our documentation site -
Visit our website!
Latest: 1.7.7 on May 9, 2019
Latest: 1.14.0_GIT on February 26, 2023
Latest: 1.9.12 (2021-11-03) on November 5, 2021
Uploaded:February 26, 2023 at 8:45AM UTC
File size:197.83 MB
Uploaded:December 7, 2022 at 5:41AM UTC
File size:185.36 MB
Uploaded:June 20, 2022 at 9:00PM UTC
File size:163.88 MB
Uploaded:February 14, 2022 at 5:24PM UTC
File size:148.81 MB
Uploaded:November 5, 2021 at 11:05PM UTC
File size:566.54 MB
Uploaded:October 31, 2021 at 9:34AM UTC
File size:566.53 MB
Uploaded:October 28, 2021 at 4:50AM UTC
File size:566.47 MB
Uploaded:October 24, 2021 at 11:38PM UTC
File size:566.43 MB
Uploaded:October 24, 2021 at 8:29AM UTC
File size:566.6 MB
Uploaded:October 20, 2021 at 8:42PM UTC
File size:566.56 MB