* Specify time intervals
* Specify distance intervals
* Cell phone tower or GPS satellites
* Log to GPX, KML, CSV or NMEA files
* Shows a notification
* Imperial display units
* Auto start on boot
* Auto send to email/FTP/DropBox/Google Docs/OpenStreetMap/OpenGTS at intervals
* OpenStreetMap - upload GPS traces
* Dropbox - upload GPX/KML/ZIP/TXT
* Google Docs - upload GPX/KML/ZIP/TXT
* OpenGTS - auto send or upload points
Bugs, feature requests, questions - please submit them to github.com/mendhak/gpslogger (issue tracker).
Translations - submit to crowdin.net/project/gpslogger-for-android/invite
GPSLogger is not a MyTracks replacement. MyTracks is meant for short use (as it has a lot of features running), GPSLogger is meant to last a long time.
A data connection is used by this app only if you use auto-email or OpenStreetMap or Dropbox features.
Although the app allows 0 second frequencies, it is not recommended as the recording and logging is happening very fast; this could cause instability/hangs. Try 1-3 seconds instead.
If there's a feature that you feel the app should have, you can submit a feature request on the github site.
***Explanation of permissions:
Storage - reading and writing files to the GPSLogger folder on your SD card
Network communication - used when uploading the files (Dropbox, Openstreetmap) or sending emails or authorizing you with Dropbox, Openstreetmap
Your location - used to determine your GPS or tower based location
System tools (automatically start at boot) - used if you choose to start GPSLogger on bootup
Activity recognition - to recognize when phone is still and to pause logging
Most icons kindly provided by icons8.com
* Removed contact permission requirement - Google Drive doesn't need it any more!
* Added %DATE parameter for custom URL
* Separated satellite and network location listeners into own preference items
* Added message in log view when file is sent
* Added exponential backoff to OpenStreetMap upload
* Removed filepicker, allow user to enter directory for logs directly. Same for SFTP private key. This is to retain compatibility across Android versions and also to help SD card users
Uploaded:April 14, 2019 at 5:10PM UTC
File size:3.66 MB
Uploaded:March 3, 2019 at 6:57PM UTC
File size:3.71 MB
Uploaded:December 13, 2018 at 8:25AM UTC
File size:3.83 MB
Uploaded:December 12, 2018 at 8:37AM UTC
File size:3.84 MB
Uploaded:September 30, 2018 at 2:18PM UTC
File size:5.27 MB
Uploaded:September 1, 2018 at 3:36AM UTC
File size:5.26 MB
Uploaded:May 27, 2018 at 10:15PM UTC
File size:5.45 MB
Uploaded:December 14, 2016 at 4:10AM UTC
File size:5.4 MB