A rich source of words for everyone who loves language, Collins Dictionary is both comprehensive and authoritative with its 123,000 words and 200,000 definitions based on the Collins Word Web - an unrivaled and constantly updated 2.5 billion-word database of today's English.
Inside, you'll find outstanding coverage of world, regional and dialect English, with definitions, examples, idioms and usage notes. Included are usage notes to give advice on using the right word in the right place, as well as thousands of etymologies that trace the roots of modern English.
Premium users looking for even better word coverage can upgrade their product to the largest single-volume English dictionary – the Collins English Dictionary Complete Unabridged (available as an in-app purchase), features over 722,000 words and phrases, audio pronunciations*, offline usage, and no ads.
NEW! Now with the addition of a convenient Home page, a sleeker and more intuitive visual layout, as well as innovations in the speed of searches you can delve right in faster and easier than ever!
Also includes advanced search and language tools that have become the staple of quality language apps from MobiSystems, Inc.
SEARCH TOOLS - effortlessly find words thanks to a clear, functional, and easy-to-use interface.
Intelligent search integrates several tools to match or suggest what you are looking for:
• Search autocomplete helps find words quickly by displaying predictions as you type
• Keyword lookup allows you to search within compound words and phrases
• An automatic ‘Fuzzy filter’ to correct word spelling, as well as ‘Wild card’ ('*' or '?') to replace a letter or entire parts of a word
• Camera search looks up words in the camera viewfinder and displays results
• Use our Voice search when you don't know how an entry is spelled
• Share word definitions via installed apps on your device
• Swipe-to-delete functionality in the Recent and Favorites menus.
LEARNING TOOLS - engaging features that help you further enhance your vocabulary.
• ‘Favorites’ feature to create custom folders with lists of words from the extensive library
• ‘Recent’ list to easily review looked-up words
• ‘Word of the day’ section to expand your vocabulary daily
• Home screen widget provides random words at a glance
• Split screen support for Android 7 allowing you to use dictionary together with other apps
Get MORE by purchasing the full version of the Collins Dictionary:
• Permanently unlock the complete features list
• Offline mode - look up words without an internet connection
• Premium Support – Get expedited support for any app-related issues
• Complete visual overhaul
• Significantly improved search speed
• New Home view for quick access to the most frequently used functions
• Now Swipe to delete entries from the Favorites and Recent menus
• Ability to recover deleted entries in the Favorites and Recent menus with the new Undo button.
• Favorites now has a "Sort by" function.
• Bug fixes
Uploaded:October 31, 2017 at 10:14AM UTC
File size:11.34 MB