Save (Share Archive Verify Encrypt) by OpenArchive enables you to safely preserve, organize, and share your mobile media.
Designed with and for newsrooms, human rights defenders, and archivists, Save keeps you in control of your mobile media at all times.
- Upload any type of media to private server or directly to Internet Archive
- Edit media metadata, including persons, location, and additional notes
- Flag media as “significant” for organization and/or easy retrieval later
- Batch edit media — update the metadata of multiple media file at once
- Create multiple project albums to keep your media organized (e.g. “Summer 2019,” “Work photos,” “Kitchen remodel,” “Syria uprising 2016,” etc)
- Share to Save from other apps on your phone, such as your Photos or voice memos apps
- “Wi-Fi-only” upload setting, for when cellular data networks are unreliable or expensive
- Creative Commons licensing options for the media you collect and share
Upload your important mobile media to a private server of your choice (using a free and open source platform like Nextcloud or ownCloud).
Publish the media publicly to the Internet Archive for resilient, robust preservation by a third-party.
Create custom-named Projects to keep your media sorted in ways that make sense to you.
Add helpful notes, location, and other contextual information one by one or in bulk.
Enable findability and organization with folders in the app that correspond to your own private server.
Connect to existing project albums created and managed by partners and colleagues.
Send media to the Save app from your camera roll and other iOS applications.
Save always uses TLS encryption, which encrypts the connection between your mobile device and your chosen destination, whether a private server or the Internet Archive.
Save works with server software like Nextcloud that makes it easy to encrypt the data you’ve collected.
//Help & Support
OpenArchive’s FAQ - open-archive.org/faq/
Contact us at info[at]open-archive[dot]org
OpenArchive is a collective of human rights technologists, ethnographers, and archivists dedicated to protecting media freedom. Our technologies are designed to preserve, amplify, and securely route mobile media to community-maintained collections in accessible public and private archives, outside the corporate walled gardens currently dominating the online media ecosystem.
Save by OpenArchive is a free, open source mobile archiving application for documentarians and human rights defenders. It offers at-risk groups more agency over their historical record by affording them media authentication, pseudonymity, licensing controls, and the ability to choose where and how the media will be stored for long-term access and reuse.
Save addresses the gaps in the current online ecosystem existing around the a) ethical short-term collection and b) long term preservation of sensitive mobile media. We provide mobile-centered, scalable, industry-standard, ethical, intuitive, easy to use tools for at-risk communities to pseudonymously preserve and authenticate their media so that it will be accessible and maintain its provenance in the future.
Terms of Service: open-archive.org/privacy/#terms-of-service
- Fixed Dropbox login via browser, when Dropbox app is not installed.
- Also improved Internet Archive and WebDAV login.
- Improved Tor/Orbot support.
- Updated localization.
- Dependency updates.
- General code cleanup.
Latest: 0.2.3-RC-1 on July 14, 2020
Latest: 0.2.6 on April 26, 2023
Uploaded:April 26, 2023 at 10:54AM UTC
File size:14.34 MB
Uploaded:March 28, 2023 at 5:55AM UTC
File size:14.25 MB
Uploaded:March 15, 2023 at 3:40PM UTC
File size:13.67 MB
Uploaded:February 22, 2023 at 5:36PM UTC
File size:13.34 MB
Uploaded:December 12, 2022 at 12:00AM UTC
File size:13.01 MB
Uploaded:August 16, 2022 at 12:43AM UTC
File size:13.02 MB
Uploaded:July 14, 2020 at 9:28AM UTC
File size:10.71 MB
Uploaded:June 1, 2020 at 3:32PM UTC
File size:10.6 MB
Uploaded:February 17, 2020 at 11:33PM UTC
File size:10.45 MB
Uploaded:January 16, 2020 at 5:48AM UTC
File size:10.44 MB