Are you using your smartphone or tablet in the late evening?
Blue Light Filter may be an ideal solution for you!
What is Blue Light Filter?
An app that effectively reduces the amount of blue light emitted from electronic devices by overlaying a translucent filter.
Great for those who use their devices all day long and are feeling fatigued.
It keeps the eyes healthy and helps users achieve comfortable sleep.
Besides the blue light filter, the screen dim feature will reduce the screen brightness to a minimum level as night mode.
Why you should use Blue Light Filter?
Research shows that exposure to blue light imposes serious threats to retinal neurons, causes eye strain, and dry eyes, and inhibits the secretion of melatonin, a hormone that influences circadian rhythms. With our filter function, your vision health will be greatly improved.
It is recommended to turn on this app when you are reading or playing games, especially in a dark room.
● Reduce blue light
● Adjustable filter intensity (Auto/Manual)
● Adjustable color temperature
● Brightness setup
● Save power
● Built-in screen dimmer
● Eye protector from screen light
● Caffeine mode
● Very easy to use
Reduce Blue Light
The screen filter can change your screen into natural color, so it can reduce the blue light which will affect your sleep.
Screen Filter Intensity
Set automatic filter intensity and screen dim based on readings from the light sensor, or do it manually
Adjustable color temperature
Set the filter color temperature in range from 0K till 5000K
Fine tune the screen brightness including option to enable adaptive brightness
Set the time of starting the filter and also ending it
Practice shows it can greatly save power because of reducing screen blue light.
You can adjust your screen brightness accordingly, making the screen even darker than it is. Get better reading experience.
Eye Protector From Screen Light
Screen shift to night mode to protect your eyes and relieve your eyes in no time.
Prevents your screen from turning off, ideal for night reading
Why Blue Light Filter uses AccessibilityServices API
Enabling this type of service expands the range of capabilities so screen filter can cover system views such as:
- Status bar
- Navigation bar
- Lock screen
And remove overlay limitations:
- Not allowing app installation
* Since Android 12, accessibility service is needed in order to enable a screen filter.
Enabling this won't allow Blue Light Filter to access your screen content
Relevant Scientific studies
1. Steven W. Lockley, George C. Brainard, Charles A. Czeisler. “High Sensitivity of the Human Circadian Melatonin Rhythm to Resetting by Short Wavelength Light”. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003 Sep;88(9):4502-5.
2. Burkhart K, Phelps JR. “AMBER LENSES TO BLOCK BLUE LIGHT AND IMPROVE SLEEP: A RANDOMIZED TRIAL”. Chronobiol Int. 2009 Dec;26(8):1602-12.
3. ----“Effects of blue lights technology”. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_of_blue_lights_technology
4. “How exposure to blue light affects your brain and body”. Nature Neuroscience; Harvard Health Publications; ACS, Sleep Med Rev, American Macular Degeneration Foundation; European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons; JAMA Neurology
- Minor fixes and improvements
- Updated dependencies
Uploaded:November 9, 2022 at 6:56AM UTC
File size:4.83 MB
Uploaded:September 21, 2022 at 5:12PM UTC
File size:4.82 MB
Uploaded:August 20, 2022 at 2:23AM UTC
File size:4.79 MB
Uploaded:July 26, 2022 at 2:44AM UTC
File size:4.7 MB
Uploaded:June 12, 2022 at 11:42AM UTC
File size:4.61 MB
Uploaded:May 20, 2022 at 5:20AM UTC
File size:4.62 MB
Uploaded:May 7, 2022 at 12:33PM UTC
File size:4.63 MB
Uploaded:March 21, 2022 at 1:18PM UTC
File size:4.54 MB
Uploaded:January 11, 2022 at 12:23AM UTC
File size:4.52 MB