About PBS KIDS ScratchJr
PBS KIDS ScratchJr encourages kids create their own interactive stories and games. Learn coding basics through programing games and activities featuring characters from hit PBS KIDS shows like Wild Kratts, Molly of Denali, Odd Squad, Arthur, Nature Cat, Peg + Cat, and Ready Jet Go!
This creative coding app, designed for children ages 5-8, provides endless storytelling possibilities. Simple programming tools helps kids design interactive stories, make games and more!
Coding for kids is easy and fun with PBS KIDS ScratchJr. Children snap together colorful programming blocks to make characters move, jump, dance and sing. Through coding lessons and story starters, kids will learn to solve problems, design projects and express themselves creatively.
PBS KIDS ScratchJr is more than a kids’ learning app. Bring early school concepts home when you download this fun educational app!
PBS KIDS ScratchJr Features:
Coding Games & Programming Concepts
- Coding practice for children
- Programming colorful blocks teach basic coding concepts
- Learn coding basics by snapping together color-coded motion, sound, look, trigger and control blocks
- Learn programming concepts to create sequences to animate characters
- Code and program characters to interact in fun and exciting ways
PBS KIDS Characters and Backgrounds
- Learn with 150+ PBS KIDS characters
- Play coding games and create interactive stories and projects based on hit PBS KIDS shows like:
- Wild Kratts
- Molly of Denali
- Odd Squad
- Natura Cat
- Peg + Cat
- Ready Jet Go
- And more!
- Painting games to create your characters and backgrounds
- Express creativity with painting
- Voice PBS KIDS characters and add your own sounds with the recording tool
PBS KIDS Story Starters
- Children can create the stories they want to experience
- Interactive story games with eight story starters can kick off your child’s inspiration
- Interactive games features different sets of characters from PBS KIDS Shows
- Use coding and programming to edit and complete a story
Learn coding concepts while having fun with PBS KIDS characters. Start programming, learning, painting, drawing and creating interactive stories.
Download PBS KIDS ScratchJr today!
PBS KIDS ScratchJr is only available for tablet devices.
For more PBS KIDS apps, visit www.pbskids.org/apps.
For more on ScratchJr, visit www.scratchjr.org
PBS KIDS ScratchJr is a collaboration between PBS, Scratch Foundation and the DevTech Research Group at Boston College. The PBS KIDS logo & PBS KIDS® PBS. Used with permission. ScratchJr logo is used with permission. PBS is not affiliated with Scratch Foundation and Boston College.