SideSqueeze analyzes data from the barometric pressure sensor in your WATERSEALED phone to detect squeeze gestures, and then performs an action of your choosing. Its efficient detection algorithm is designed to be as lightweight and low-power as possible with no noticeable impact on battery life.
It can perform many common actions, however certain ones (immersive status/nav toggles, rotation toggle) require a command to be run via Android Developer Bridge (adb). Instructions can be found from within the app on the [Help / FAQ] tab. This step only needs to be performed once.
- Adjustable pressure threshold
- Pressure gauge to help you find the best trigger threshold
- Action while screen-on
- Action while screen-off (requires a wakelock, eg. playing music)
- Action on home screen [Pro only] (one-time adb command required)
- Action on lock screen [Pro only]
- Long squeeze while screen-on
- Long squeeze on home screen [Pro only] (one-time adb command required)
- Long squeeze on lock screen [Pro only]
- ForcePress (beta)
- Removes the trial nag every 5 activations
- Unlocks the ability to perform a different action on the home screen (one-time adb command required)
- Unlocks the ability to perform a different action on the lockscreen
- Unlocks any future functionality
Q: Won't accessibility services slow down my phone?
A: SideSqueeze does not affect the performance of your device in any way. Many people know that granting accessibility services to an app can cause a significant decrease in performance. However that only applies to apps that request lots of information (eg. hundreds of updates when a list is scrolled). SIDESQUEEZE DOES NOT REQUEST ANYTHING. Instead the need for accessibility services is only a formality in order to gain the ability to "press" keys like Home, Recents, and Back. SideSqueeze will never slow your phone down!
Q: Will this work on any phone?
A: It has only been tested on the S8+ and Note8. Other watersealed devices may work, too. Unfortunately it is imperative that your device must be watersealed, otherwise there is nothing to detect.
- Custom app picker
- Full support for rooted users, including extended actions (eg. press power, clear notifications, etc)
- Added instructions for manual adb commands (near bottom of Help tab)
- Removed storage permission
- Wakelock works now
- Wifi crash fix
- Icon fixes
- Bug fixes
Uploaded:March 21, 2018 at 8:09PM UTC
File size:0.99 MB