What's new in Live Transcribe & Notification
• Sound Notifications: Add custom sounds to get notified when your appliances beep, like an alarm or oven timer.• Live Transcribe: Set up offline transcriptions more easily in available languages. Offline transcriptions supported for English (India).
From version Live Transcribe & Notification 6.6.588782083:
About Live Transcribe & Notification
Live Transcribe & Sound Notifications makes everyday conversations and surrounding sounds more accessible among people who are deaf and hard of hearing, using just your Android phone or tablet.
On most devices, you can directly access Live Transcribe & Sound Notifications with these steps:
1. Open your device's Settings app.
2. Tap Accessibility, then tap Live Transcribe, or Sound Notifications, depending on which app you’d like to start.
3. Use the Accessibility button, gesture or quick setting (https://support.google.com/accessibility/android/answer/7650693) to start Live Transcribe or Sound Notifications.
• Get notified of potential risky situations and personal situations based on sounds happening at home (for example, smoke alarm, siren, baby sounds).
• Add custom sounds to get notified when your appliances beep.• Get notifications with a flashing light or vibration to your mobile device or wearable.
• Timeline view lets you go back in history (currently limited to 12 hours) to see what was happening around you.
• Transcribes in real-time. Text appears on your device as words are spoken.
• Choose from over 80 languages and dialects, and quickly switch between two languages.
• Add custom words that you use frequently, like names or household items.
• Set your device to vibrate when someone says your name.
• Type responses in your conversation. Bring up your device’s keyboard and type your words for a continuous dialogue. Transcriptions still appear while you type.
• See the volume of the speaker’s voice compared to the loudness in your environment. You can use this sound indicator to adjust your volume when you speak.
• Use external microphones found in wired headsets, Bluetooth headsets, and USB mics for better audio reception.
Referring back to transcription:
• Choose to save transcriptions for 3 days. Saved transcriptions will stay locally on your device for 3 days, so you can copy and paste them elsewhere. (By default, transcriptions are not saved.)
• Search within saved transcriptions.
• Touch and hold text in transcription to copy and paste.
• Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) and up.
Live Transcribe & Sound Notifications was made in collaboration with Gallaudet University, the premier Deaf and hard of hearing university in the US.
Join the https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/accessible to provide feedback and receive product updates. For help using Live Transcribe & Sound Notifications, connect with us at https://g.co/disabilitysupport.
Microphone: Live Transcribe needs microphone access to transcribe the speech around you. The audio is not stored after the transcription is processed. Sound Notifications needs microphone access to listen for sounds happening around you. The audio is also not stored after processing is finished.
Accessibility Service: Since this app is an accessibility service, it can observe your actions.
Live Transcribe & Notification variants
Uploaded:December 8, 2023 at 7:07AM UTC
File size:22.63 MB
Uploaded:August 25, 2023 at 3:34PM UTC
File size:22.43 MB
Uploaded:June 8, 2023 at 5:43AM UTC
File size:25.47 MB
Uploaded:May 11, 2023 at 4:31AM UTC
File size:24.44 MB
Uploaded:March 22, 2023 at 11:19PM UTC
File size:19.41 MB
Uploaded:March 16, 2023 at 4:33PM UTC
File size:19.41 MB
Uploaded:March 11, 2023 at 3:08PM UTC
File size:19.41 MB
Uploaded:November 30, 2022 at 10:30PM UTC
File size:19.7 MB
Uploaded:November 23, 2022 at 6:19AM UTC
File size:19.95 MB
Uploaded:October 31, 2022 at 5:57AM UTC
File size:19.82 MB