Live Transcribe is an accessibility app designed for the deaf and hard of hearing, and usable by anyone. Using Google's state-of-the-art automatic speech recognition technology, Live Transcribe performs real-time transcription of speech and sound to text on your screen, so you can more easily participate in conversations going on in the world around you. You can also keep the conversation going by typing your response on the screen.
On Pixel 3, these additional steps are required to use Live Transcribe:
1. Open your device's Settings app.
2. Tap "Accessibility", then tap "Live Transcribe".
3. Tap "Use service", then accept the permissions.
4. An Accessibility button should now appear at the bottom right corner of your screen, next to the Home button. Tap the Accessibility button to start Live Transcribe. You can use this button from any app on your phone.
• See when a dog is barking or when someone is knocking on your door. Visualizing sound events helps immerse you in the non-conversation realm of audio
• Save history up to 3 days to refer back to recent conversations
• Swipe up to clear current conversations
• Copy and paste transcripts
• Supports transcription in over 70 languages and dialects
• Bilingual support with quick switch between two languages
• Reply without speaking by typing your responses within the app
• Loudness and noise indicator shows the volume level of the speaker’s voice relative to the noise of the environment
• Live Transcribe supports external microphones found in wired headsets, Bluetooth headsets, and USB mics for better audio reception
• Optional haptic feedback signals when somebody starts or resumes speaking
• Private - transcripts stay secure on your device
• Available on Android 5.0 (Lollipop) and later
Live Transcribe was made in collaboration with Gallaudet University, the premier deaf and hard of hearing university in the US.
Microphone: Live Transcribe needs microphone access to transcribe the speech around you. The audio is not stored after the transcript is processed.
This release comes in several variants (we currently have 3). Consult our handy FAQ to see which download is right for you.
Uploaded:April 15, 2021 at 5:36PM UTC
File size:16.45 MB
Uploaded:April 8, 2021 at 7:06AM UTC
File size:26.45 MB
Uploaded:December 10, 2020 at 7:05AM UTC
File size:25.95 MB
Uploaded:October 12, 2020 at 8:47AM UTC
File size:18.67 MB
Uploaded:October 8, 2020 at 2:52PM UTC
File size:18.66 MB
Uploaded:June 2, 2020 at 8:29AM UTC
File size:15.97 MB
Uploaded:May 21, 2020 at 8:53AM UTC
File size:15.97 MB
Uploaded:January 16, 2020 at 8:51AM UTC
File size:14.44 MB
Uploaded:December 11, 2019 at 11:42PM UTC
File size:14.34 MB
Uploaded:November 5, 2019 at 11:03PM UTC
File size:14.06 MB