For 14 tests in a row, starting September 2014, Sophos Mobile Security has hit a perfect 100% protection score in AV-TEST’s comparison of the top Android security and antivirus apps.
Full features, no advertising, all free
Sophos is an IT security leader for companies and governments worldwide. This app comprehensively protects your Android device and your privacy without impacting performance or battery life.
• Scan apps and storage media for malicious or inappropriate content, using up-to-the-minute intelligence from SophosLabs.
Loss & Theft Protection
• If your device is lost or stolen, remotely lock or wipe it to safeguard your data.
• Block web sites with malicious, undesirable or illegal content.
• Protect apps with a password.
• Check your connection for man-in-the-middle attacks.
• List apps that access your personal data or that could create costs.
• Get advice on how to improve device security.
• Block unwanted phone calls.
Secure QR Code Scanner
• Check URLs for malicious or inappropriate web sites.
• Add contacts to your address book.
• Set up Wi-Fi connections and warn of insecure encryption.
• Store all your account data in a KeePass-compatible password database.
• Generate time-based (TOTP, RFC 6238) and counter-based (HOTP, RFC 4226) one-time passwords for multi-factor authentication.
• Managing Sophos Mobile Security using Sophos Mobile or Sophos Central lets your IT department monitor the health of your device to ensure company-wide protection.
• Permissions are required to monitor incoming data, and to detect and stop threats. See more here: sophos.com/kb/117499
• This app uses the Device Administrator permission.
Battery and data usage
• Malware definitions update once a day to keep you protected. This uses a small amount of data.
• The initial full scan of every installed app causes a one-time increase in battery usage.
This app uses Accessibility services.
• Knowledgebase: community.sophos.com/kb?TopicId=1294
• Support forum: community.sophos.com/products/mobile-device-protection/f/18
• Use our SDK for premium antivirus in your app: www.sophos.com/AndroidSDK
• Added Intune Mobile Threat Defense (MTD) support.
• Removed Loss & Theft because Google has restricted the use of the SMS permissions. Use the Find My Device app from Google instead.
• Removed Call Blocking because Google has restricted the use of the Call Log permission. Use the call blocking feature of your phone app instead.
Uploaded:February 11, 2019 at 9:07AM UTC
File size:28.78 MB
Uploaded:October 31, 2018 at 12:16PM UTC
File size:28.09 MB
Uploaded:October 11, 2018 at 2:48PM UTC
File size:28.47 MB
Uploaded:August 24, 2018 at 7:35PM UTC
File size:27.47 MB
Uploaded:May 2, 2018 at 10:22AM UTC
File size:26.6 MB