What's new in Network Type Indicator
Initial 5G support.
Please note that complete detection of 5G variants requires Android 11 or
Also, now when running on Android 11 or higher you'll have to grant the "Phone"
permission for network type detection to work (this a new requirement of
From version Network Type Indicator 1.6.0:
About Network Type Indicator
Network Type Indicator lets you put an icon in the status bar that will display the type of cellular connection your phone has at any given time, and whether mobile data is connected or not.
This app is most useful for devices that don't include this information in the status bar, or that hide it when roaming.
- If the app fails to load on boot or crashes, try excluding it from battery optimizations.
- Due to the way Android works, a non-removable notification must be present along the status bar icon.
- Likewise the icon can not be placed in the right hand side of the status bar.
- In Lollipop and up, the notification will show in the lockscreen. I'm not aware of any way to avoid that.
- This app is expected to work in multi-SIM devices, but (for the time being) only for the primary card.
- Some devices (e.g. Xiaomi/MIUI devices) will display the app's icon instead of the connection type in the status bar. In those devices you'll only be able to see the network type information in the app's notification.
- (Lollipop and lower only) Phone / Device ID & call information: read phone status and identity - This is required to read the network type. This app doesn't use a phone's "identity" for any purpose, but these permissions always go together.
- Other: run at startup - This is required for the notification to load at boot (if you so choose)
You can read the FAQ for further details on features often requested.
Network Type Indicator variants
Uploaded:May 5, 2022 at 6:36PM UTC
File size:0.31 MB
Uploaded:July 25, 2019 at 6:53PM UTC
File size:0.28 MB