The comprehensive WordWeb dictionary database includes:
- 285,000 words, phrases and derived forms
- 225,000 word sense definitions
- 70,000 usage examples
- 85,000 text pronunciations
- Synonyms, similar and related words
- N. American, British, Australian and international English
The intelligent word entry suggests possible correct spellings as you type, as well as listing words that sound the same or are often confused.
Additional features include the ability to drill down on any word in a definition, full bookmark support and history.
Search features include:
- Alphabetical listing
- Spelling suggestions
- Sounds-like and often-confused
- Fast pattern-matching search (*, ?, vowel and consonant)
- Filter search results by noun, verb, adjective, adverbs
The database includes proper nouns and common abbreviations in addition to English vocabulary (e.g. LOL, Oxford, JPEG, Webster, UNHCR, etc.)
You can quickly look up words from within other apps by selecting the word, then selecting WordWeb from the pop-up menu (requires Android M and higher).
No Internet connection is required to use WordWeb, and it's free. Better than dictionary.com? - judge for yourself!
Uploaded:February 5, 2019 at 9:04PM UTC
File size:29.07 MB
Uploaded:May 20, 2018 at 10:57PM UTC
File size:28.83 MB
Uploaded:December 15, 2015 at 8:48PM UTC
File size:29.92 MB