Featured on Pocketables, XDA-Developers, Android Police, AndroidHeadlines, Android Community, and Android Beat!
PLEASE READ BEFORE DOWNLOADING:
• This app REQUIRES elevated permissions, granted via root access or adb shell commands. The app will do nothing if you do not have a rooted device or access to adb.
• This app is ONLY for devices with AOSP / Google experience ROMs. It is not guaranteed to function properly on devices with manufacturer-skinned ROMs.
• This app does not provide screen mirroring capabilities on its own. Screen mirroring may require either an MHL/SlimPort adapter or a wireless solution such as Miracast or Chromecast.
• A Bluetooth keyboard and mouse is strongly recommended as the app can make UI elements smaller and harder to press on the device itself.
• Easily change resolution and density (DPI) - take full advantage of the resolution of your external display, and show the Android tablet interface if you're using a phone
• Simple profile-based interface - easy to enable/disable different profiles for different types of displays
• Many configurable options, including:
• Automatically enable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi - quickly connect a keyboard, mouse, and/or game controller
• Automatically enable Daydreams
• Show desktop sites in Chrome by default - browse the real Web, on your TV!
• Lock screen orientation to landscape
• Overscan support for older TVs (Android 4.3+)
• System-wide immersive mode (Android 5.0+)
• Disable device backlight and/or vibration - save battery while your device is connected (not compatible with all devices)
• Full integration with Tasker
• Load profiles automatically when a display is connected
• Quick Actions - quickly and easily run SecondScreen features without creating or editing profiles
• Homescreen shortcuts - launch a profile with one tap, without entering the app
Explanation of permissions:
• root access or adb shell commands required to change resolution/DPI, disable backlight/vibration, enable desktop-only mode in Chrome
• "connect and disconnect from Wi-Fi", "view Wi-Fi connections" - required for profiles to enable Wi-Fi
• "access Bluetooth settings", "pair with Bluetooth devices" - required for profiles to enable Bluetooth
• "close other apps" - required to refresh the user interface after a resolution/DPI change. Ensure all data is saved before launching a profile.
• "run at startup" - required to show SecondScreen profile notification after a (soft/hard) reboot
• "modify system settings" - required for profiles to lock rotation and set brightness
This app uses the Device Administrator permission.
New in 2.7:
• Greatly improved integration with Taskbar
• Improved onboarding flow
• Bug fixes and miscellaneous improvements
Uploaded:March 17, 2018 at 10:20PM UTC
File size:1.18 MB
Uploaded:January 30, 2018 at 6:56AM UTC
File size:1.17 MB
Uploaded:June 12, 2017 at 8:54PM UTC
File size:1.14 MB
Uploaded:April 10, 2017 at 11:36PM UTC
File size:1.13 MB