New in 2.6.2:
• Added ability to disable the "Turn Off" dialog when displays are disconnected
• Bug fixes and miscellaneous improvements - for a full changelog, see github.com/farmerbb/SecondScreen/commits
SecondScreen is an application designed for power users that frequently connect their Android devices to external displays. It works with your existing screen mirroring solution to give you the best experience possible. With SecondScreen, you can change your device's resolution and density to fit your TV or monitor, enable always-on desktop mode in Chrome, and even turn your device's backlight off, among several other features.
Featured on Pocketables, XDA-Developers, Android Police, AndroidHeadlines, Android Community, and Android Beat!
PLEASE READ BEFORE DOWNLOADING:
• This app REQUIRES a rooted device! The app will do nothing if you have not already modified your device for superuser access.
• For devices with AOSP / Google experience ROMs ONLY; app is not guaranteed to function properly on devices with manufacturer-skinned ROMs.
• This app does not provide screen mirroring capabilities on its own. Screen mirroring may require either an MHL/SlimPort adapter or a wireless solution such as Miracast or Chromecast.
• A Bluetooth keyboard and mouse is strongly recommended as the app can make UI elements smaller and harder to press on the device itself.
• Easily change resolution and density (DPI) - take full advantage of the resolution of your external display, and show the Android tablet interface if you're using a phone
• Simple profile-based interface - easy to enable/disable different profiles for different types of displays
• Many configurable options, including:
• Automatically enable Bluetooth and Wi-Fi - quickly connect a keyboard, mouse, and/or game controller
• Automatically enable Daydreams
• Show desktop sites in Chrome by default - browse the real Web, on your TV!
• Lock screen orientation to landscape
• Overscan support for older TVs (Android 4.3+)
• System-wide immersive mode (Android 5.0+)
• Disable device backlight and/or vibration - save battery while your device is connected (not compatible with all devices)
• Full integration with Tasker
• Load profiles automatically when a display is connected
• Quick Actions - quickly and easily run SecondScreen features without creating or editing profiles
• Homescreen shortcuts - launch a profile with one tap, without entering the app
Explanation of permissions:
• root access required to change resolution/DPI, disable backlight/vibration, enable desktop-only mode in Chrome
• "connect and disconnect from Wi-Fi", "view Wi-Fi connections" - required for profiles to enable Wi-Fi
• "access Bluetooth settings", "pair with Bluetooth devices" - required for profiles to enable Bluetooth
• "close other apps" - required to refresh the user interface after a resolution/DPI change. Ensure all data is saved before launching a profile.
• "run at startup" - required to show SecondScreen profile notification after a (soft/hard) reboot
• "modify system settings" - required for profiles to lock rotation and set brightness
This release may come in several variants. Consult our handy FAQ to see which download is right for you.
June 12, 2017
Uploaded:January 21, 2023 at 4:25AM UTC
File size:1.71 MB
Uploaded:January 21, 2021 at 7:11PM UTC
File size:1.63 MB
Uploaded:November 1, 2019 at 7:46AM UTC
File size:1.37 MB
Uploaded:October 17, 2019 at 3:54AM UTC
File size:1.37 MB
Uploaded:October 31, 2018 at 6:23AM UTC
File size:1.36 MB
Uploaded:August 17, 2018 at 3:21PM UTC
File size:1.19 MB
Uploaded:March 17, 2018 at 10:20PM UTC
File size:1.18 MB
Uploaded:January 30, 2018 at 6:56AM UTC
File size:1.17 MB
Uploaded:June 12, 2017 at 8:54PM UTC
File size:1.14 MB
Uploaded:April 10, 2017 at 11:36PM UTC
File size:1.13 MB