What's new in The Weather Channel
- Some of you reported being kicked out of our app when you tried to log-in. After a ton of hard work, we've implemented a fix to that bug to make your log-in experience better.
- And that's not all! We've also reduced our data usage so you can check the weather all day long without worrying about your monthly data usage and we cut back on battery drain so you won't have to charge as much.
From version The Weather Channel (Wear OS) 1.03.0:
About The Weather Channel
Plan and prepare with confidence with the world’s most downloaded Weather App.
GET ACCURATE FORECASTS FOR ANY LOCATION
• Cognitive Home Screen: Changes based on your current location, weather, and time of day, so you get your current conditions plus the weather info you need most.
• Winter Storm Central: Monitor winter storms and get safety and preparedness tips. When a snowstorm approaches, track it and stay safe with Winter Storm Central.
• Local & National Forecasts: Hourly, 15-day and weekend forecasts available in Celsius or Fahrenheit for the US, Canada, and locations around the world.
• Current Weather Conditions: Beyond accurate temperatures you’ll get “feels like” weather, humidity, dew point, sunrise, sunset, wind speed, UV index, visibility and barometric pressure.
• Weather Maps: Fast-loading doppler radar maps show past and future radar. Map layers show road or satellite views, water temperature, wind speeds, snow cover, and more.
• Plan for Trips: Get access to seasonal weather trends, road conditions, the tides, and 15-day forecasts for your favorite destinations like Chicago, New York City, Los Angeles, Toronto and Vancouver.
PERSONALIZED REAL-TIME WEATHER ALERTS
• Severe Weather Alerts: Stay safe with National Weather Service government issued notifications of extreme weather. Know the moment tornado, hurricane or severe storm watches and warnings are issued.
• Breaking News Alerts: Stay informed with national and local weather news updates. Track tropical storms and hurricanes as they develop while receiving storm safety and preparedness tips.
• Lightning Alerts: Get real-time alerts for your GPS location, and know where lightning is striking near you.
• Daily Rain Alerts: Never get caught in the rain again with real-time alerts for your GPS location and morning precipitation reports for your favorite locations.
• Pollen Alerts: Know the pollen counts near you.
It’s easy and free! Activate these alerts by going to your in-app settings.
DIVE DEEP INTO YOUR WEATHER
• GoRun Forecast: Like to run? Now you can create a personalized GoRun Forecast to help you answer questions like “When should I run?” “What should I wear?” “How far should I go?” Scroll to the Outdoors module in our app to try it out, and let us know what you think at feedback.weather.com.
• 24/7 Remote Temps: Populate your notification bar with the current temperatures of your favorite locations worldwide.
• Weather Widgets: We have widgets available in 1x1, 2x2, 1x4 and 4x4.
• Seasonal Tools: Use our pollen counts to help plan your outdoor activities. (SMARTPHONES ONLY)
• Weather News: From severe storms and tornadoes to straight-up bizarre weather occurrences, we’ll keep you up to date.
• Weather Videos: Local forecasts, climate change news, and everything in between, all streamed in HD.
• Sleek Interface: Easy to use and beautiful in its simplicity.
• Stunning Imagery: Amazing background photos match your current weather conditions.
• Love For Android Tablets: The best weather app and widgets are optimized for Android Tablets.
THE WEATHER CHANNEL ON THE WEB AND SOCIAL MEDIA:
Find us at weather.com, like us on facebook.com/theweatherchannel, and follow us on Twitter and Instagram @weatherchannel.
We’re always looking to improve our app and appreciate your feedback. So please rate, review, and +1 us in the Google Play Store. If you have suggestions, submit them to feedback.weather.com.
Uploaded:August 24, 2023 at 1:10AM UTC
File size:84.8 MB